Adam Savage, 'Every Tool's a Hammer: Life Is What You Make It' [BOOKS]

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/15/adam-savage-every-tools-a.html

3 Likes

Great book…My wife and I got to see Adam speak recently at the Pittsburgh Public Library. What a fun time. We really liked how he explained how “failures” should really be viewed as “iterations” in making and life in general.

10 Likes

Ah - referring back to the classic “everything is a sex toy” quote.

9 Likes

“Every tool’s a hammer except chisels, and they’re screwdrivers.”

15 Likes

AMAZON REVIEW:

This book is a fun and informative treatise on learning, building and creative expression, however even the hardcover edition is too light to effectively pound in framing nails.

Two stars.

17 Likes

My brief, but throughly enjoyed time of living on Alameda island had me run into the Myth Buster gang from time to time. Adam is a true human being, always a smile on his face, you can’t not like the guy.

10 Likes

I’d always heard the variant “Every machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.”

19 Likes

And yet, he and Jamie Hyneman notoriously don’t get along.

3 Likes

Chisels are indeed screwdrivers, but they’re also hammers.

3 Likes

Who knew?

1 Like

Adam and Jamie? :wink:

5 Likes

Relationships are work, let us not kid ourselves.

6 Likes

Not enough lubrication.

1 Like

Adam’s Tested YouTube channel is one of the main reasons I’m itching to start up a makerspace. Gonna start reading this tonight.

3 Likes

He’s a mensch. He rilly is.

4 Likes

Nice!!! Thank you :pray:

2 Likes

I just drove there for the first time this week. Cool and weird.

3 Likes

Alameda is a practice in contrarian, anchored firmly in the past, but a vibrant sub culture is taking over, slowly.

3 Likes

I don’t mean to brag but one time at Fort Funston his dog and my dog exchanged ass-sniffs.

12 Likes

It was cool to see the old Chinese bodegas and laundries and chow joints still survive here and there

4 Likes