Watch: Adam Savage ('MYTHBUSTERS') back on TV in 'SAVAGE BUILDS'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/11/watch-adam-savage-returns-to.html

6 Likes

On the next episode, Adam tries to build a bridge between Trump and reality.

8 Likes

New Adam Savage show? Yes please.

10 Likes

I’m currently listening to his book. It is a joy, as is every interview and show with him in it. His voice seems young, as though Adam hasn’t aged past his 30s, and it is as pleasant a listen as I can think of. Perfect for a little light reading before sleep. (Edit- The book’s title is Every Tool’s a Hammer, link found on his site, search the Internet, or request at your local library.)

The only sadness is that it is not streaming on any of the services I currently have access to. It looks like it is on this thing called TV and something called a channel, specifically a Discovery Channel. As much as I like Adam Savage, one or two or three shows does not make me want to have cable again or pay for a one off service (can one do that?).

I am paying the only cable company and ultimately the only ISP that will serve my house for Internet access, and despite having to buy my own modem, they are sending me a notice that I can upgrade my “rental” modem for free by turning in the old one. I don’t care how good the show is, it isn’t worth my adding cable back into my life.

This will be a joy when it comes to some buffet like streaming service I choose to have access to.

8 Likes

How do I get Discovery Channel when all I have is WiFi?

3 Likes

“Listening to his book” makes me think he narrates it? That would be cool! thx BB
Seeing Simone Giertz in the line up gave me a great feeling.

3 Likes

I hope this is better than the last production by ex-mythbusters, The White Rabbit Project, where three of the first four episodes were repulsively transphobic. :disappointed:

1 Like

I like seeing Adam Savage build stuff, but I couldn’t care less about costumes, superheroes, or movie props.

2 Likes

I doubt he’ll bother with anything that isn’t at least theoretically possible.

2 Likes

3D Printed Titanium Iron Man Armour… COOL! (Though, to be properly super nerdy, he should have maybe made a set of Boris Bullski’s green armour?)

3 Likes

Yeah, same here. No way to stream it, so I’ll have to live without it for now. It’s a shame Discovery channel doesn’t work with Hulu to offer their shows there. Or offer them with their own streaming app. But then again, I’m tapped out on streaming apps I pay for, I won’t pay for more than I already have, not without cutting one.

1 Like

you gotta find a friend or family member with that sweet cable provider subscription password. I’m using my parents’ They didn’t even know you could do that. (I haven’t tried it with discovery channel. works great with cartoon network, and i think a lot of channels do have that)

It’s entertainment, I’ll survive without it. I generally don’t resort to those sorts of get arounds when I choose not to pay for something. I accept that I’m not going to bother paying for it and live without it. There’s a plethora of other entertainment options for me to choose from.

1 Like

He narrates the audio book, but despite the “see the included PDF”, there isn’t an included PDF that I can find.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.