Adidas ends Kanye West partnership

Originally published at: Adidas ends Kanye West partnership | Boing Boing

12 Likes

He fucked around and found out :rofl:

37 Likes

Executive management’s bungling of the situation can simultaneously serve as a Harvard Business Review case study and an example of dysfunctional behaviour in a textbook on moral psychology.

25 Likes

Oh dear - is Hugo Boss available?

11 Likes

Perhaps it was Saint Babs’ prompting more people to google Adidas’ and Puma’s Nazi history which changed their minds.

29 Likes

F@ck’d around, and found out, again, today.

27 Likes

Indeed.

28 Likes

Probably not, but there are alternative brands who are ideological allies.

16 Likes

Winning!

27 Likes

Maybe it’s due to his mental illness, or maybe it’s due to his immense hubris, but either way, Kanye hasn’t yet figured out that no matter how much money or fame he has, it will NEVER earn him:

23 Likes

And I bet he sees all the consequences as “proof” that everything he said about Jews controlling the media is true.
:roll_eyes:
Mostly, though, I’m glad there are consequences.

27 Likes

I’m sure he does.

41 Likes

The only thing that can compete with how slow the government is to act on something, is large corporate structure. I swear it takes 101 meeting and reports before any process changes can be considered at placers I have worked. And if you legal has to get involved? Good luck.

Still, Adidas should have moved much faster on this. I guess better late than never.

As for Kanye - man… the dude is really crashing and burning…

7 Likes

There is an anti-label, Storch Heinar.

12 Likes

Never heard of them. I had to just go look to know what was out there. LOL, one of the top menu options is 5XL, where it shows all the 5Xl options, including a “warrior jacket”. About sums up the sorta fantasy world they want to build where they are somehow superior by birthright. :confused:

This site reminds me of a Ukrainian site I stumbled onto early in the war. It was similar, but a little more overt with support and marking for the Azov division in Ukraine. :confused:

4 Likes

key kanye, now what?

5 Likes

The partnership, said to be worth billions of dollars a year to Adidas, was doomed by a growing boycott threat and intense negative publicity over its failure to act.

Partnership dissolved not because Adidas was doing the right thing, but because they stood to lose a lot of money. Capitalism in a nutshell.

22 Likes

Gosh, remember the olden days, when this fool was just in the public debate for his use of the phrase ‘poopity scoop’ as actual lyrics in a song?

Bet he’ll eventually wish to return to those times when he was less of the poopity that’s now getting scoopitied…

3 Likes

So now he’s just extremely wealthy instead of obscenely wealthy.

8 Likes

Viable lawsuits will help with that; to be sure, they are coming…

14 Likes