Adidas CEO decides money is more important than values, or Jewish customers

Originally published at: Adidas CEO decides money is more important than values, or Jewish customers | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Adidas will likely be looking for a new CEO soon.

One would hope so, but it really depends on the quarterly numbers and how many cronies he has on the board of directors. Corporations only care about bigotry when it consistently affects the financial bottom line.

That said, a more clever CEO would have gone with the BS line that “all great artists are insane, so this was to be expected.”

16 Likes

21 Likes

Why say this? They’ve already lost the money now they’ve also lost whatever respect they gained from letting him go.

12 Likes

16 Likes

Sadly, it’s just another case of “rich friends stick together”.

9 Likes

Need a grimace emoji for the like reply list…

6 Likes

Let’s not forget that Adidas was founded by a Nazi party member.

14 Likes

Either that or the CEO’s defenders will simply say
“I don’t think he meant what he said, and I don’t think he’s a bad person. It just came across that way,”

8 Likes

And also not to forget Puma, which was owned by the other Dassler brother, Rudolph. Though he was thoroughly at odds with Aldi’s politics, he still had connections to the party, too.

At the very least, some German companies are paying reparations to descendants of folks harmed during the Nazi party’s regime.

10 Likes

“Very unfortunate, because I don’t think he meant what he said, and I don’t think he’s a bad person. It just came across that way," Gulden said, who is Norwegian born with English not being his first language.

Ah yes, we’re meant to believe a Norwegian running a company based outside of Norway doesn’t have an excellent grasp of English. I would put money on Gulden speaking and writing better English than many native speakers.

So it’s safe to say he knew what he was saying.

Also, if he thinks West is one of the most creative people in the World then he needs to broaden his horizons away from fugly sneakers and look at - well, pretty much anything.

10 Likes

I think he meant derivative, must have been because English wasn’t his first language. /s

6 Likes

Is Kanye even popular anymore? With anyone other than Nazis? Are people still willing to buy his records? Or his shoes?

8 Likes

Some are not, and the descendants are keeping a tight grip on the money and power that were established back in that day.

Last year I heard about and read David de Jong’s book, Nazi Billionaires: The Dark History Of Germany’s Wealthiest Dynasties . I’ve been into aircooled VWs since I could drive and turn wrenches, and this really made me look at the object of that hobby with a different view.

5 Likes

“…one of the most successful collabs in the history … very sad.”

You know what another really successful collab was? The one that kicked the shit out of the goose-stepping goons your reprehensible business partner has embraced.

440px-World_War_II_Project_Images-61

9 Likes

He legitimately made one of the top selling gospel records of all time. I wish I was kidding, no one even knows about it, except for every little old church lady that bought it.

Donda came out and everyone I talked to felt like they ought to like it. I can’t listen to it.

2 Likes

They have something like 1.3 billion dollars of his product in warehouses. How they can be worth that much I do not know.

3 Likes

Screenshots_2023-09-22-08-05-41
:thinking:

3 Likes

Hah! I didn’t notice that.

2 Likes

Hence the city of Starlingrad, which is where the little birds are from.

3 Likes