Adidas CEO says Hitler-loving Kanye isn't really an antisemite — "It just came off that way."

Originally published at: Adidas CEO says Hitler-loving Kanye isn't really an antisemite — "It just came off that way." | Boing Boing

3 Likes

episode 8 bullshit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

18 Likes

Nope. The Adidas brand was launched in 1949 when the Dassler brothers founded separate companies.

4 Likes

Wasn’t it “Death Con 3”?

6 Likes

He’s just an accidental Nazi.

Yeah - that doesn’t make it any better.

11 Likes

So who’s now going to have to say the Adidas CEO didn’t mean what he said about Kanye not meaning what he said, because the CEO isn’t a bad person but just came off that way?

8 Likes

If you look close you can actually see that there are two nazis in this picture.

3 Likes

If it talks like a duck, it is just Kanye being misunderstood.

2 Likes

Plenty of pictures of Bjorn Gulden out there. Easy as pie to photoshop him into an SS uniform.

Sure, sure, Adidas legal would freak out, but counterpoint: Fuck the fucking Nazis.

I did ‘not see’ this coming, from such a distinguished German collaborator.

3 Likes

After that, I don’t trust anything he said.

8 Likes

Not doing any sport ever, it is easy for me to boycott them. As I do Hugo Boss, the supplier of SS uniforms.

2 Likes

I have met more than enough Germans who were all too comfortable excusing away Papa’s history in the Wehrmacht (“and if he really was in the SS, so what? It’s the past!”). It was part of why the 1968 revolution happened, because far too many tried to pretend the past never happened. And a lot of Germans have a sort of persecution complex, more than one has complained in private to me that they are sick and tired of hearing about how guilty Germany is, was, and so on, even though no one said they were guilty.

I think it’s a problematic coping mechanism, and Bjorn Gulden is most likely one of those who bristles at the mere hint of being called racist, yet never really looked into his own soul to see how he never considered his casual prejudices.

Actually, I think the problem is more that people with money forget that they are actually still pretty gullible, themselves easily ensnared by charismatic narcissists, which that hip hop artist most definitely is. And so they make excuses for the narcissist because all they see is the glamour (in the faerie sense) the narcissist emits.

7 Likes

Hugo Boss would be furious!

1 Like

Apparently, Ye is a fuckin’ genius; he told us himself. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I know he’s said it, but

Cat Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like

So basically some greedy executives decided it was worth betting over a billion dollars that Kanye West wouldn’t do anything so batshit crazy that it would force them to terminate the relationship.

betrayal

2 Likes

Well it is nice of the CEO to make my decision not to purchase Adidas easy. Before there was at least a case to be made that they wandered into this blindly and were bound by contracts to continue. He’s clearly showing that the company is all in on the Nazi side, so that’s easy.

2 Likes

I don’t care if he ‘meant it’ or not.

Unfuck Kanye, and UNFUCK Bjorn Gulden.

2 Likes

Off topic AF, sorry - but why is he wearing the Puma logo on his lapel in the pic?

2 Likes