Adobe walks into Gamergate, staggers around confusedly

Such as?

When did Anita Sarkeesian make that claim?

What did she lie about? When?

Who did she con? In what way?

Speaking of evidence, would you mind responding to the questions above with some.

6 Likes

I’m going to need a whole herd of unicorns

7 Likes

A point of view, yes. Evidence, facts, information to back that point of view, no. Which makes your point of view a hollow personal opinion.

If you want to be taken seriously, back your personal opinion with facts.

When did Anita Sarkeesian do the things you claim she did?

3 Likes

You mean like Intel and Adobe? I already know of people responsible for corporate IT purchases who won’t be throwing any further business their way for kowtowing to hatemongers. I’m pretty sure GG sock puppets can’t do that - they can only flood the communication channels. Which do you think Intel and Adobe will pay attention to in the long run? An astroturf campaign or lost sales?

We ain’t all Lefties, you know. That might be because we are actually a pretty clear majority of the general population. GG would never have got my own attention if it weren’t for the death threats. People do tend to sit up and pay attention when that happens, and not in a good way.

3 Likes

2 Likes

The data suggests otherwise. In the last 30 days she has been mentioned in 5547 different tweets. Compare that to the Shadow of Mordor corruption (1515 tweets), the allegations of corruption in Australian games journalism (30 tweets), the allegations involving Patricia Hernandez and Anna Anthropy (287 tweets), the IGF/Indiecade allegations (2518 tweets), the gamejournopros mailing list allegations (4291 tweets), and DMCA abuse (474 tweets).

12 Likes

Anita makes the claim that video games sub consciously make people more sexist. There is no academic proof of it. Check out Thunderf00t’s videos.

Oh and just in, Nissan pulls its ads and it’s third party affiliates. Ouch.

Advertisers are not known for being afraid of hypocrisy.

OTOH, maybe we’re entering a brave new world where the social justice warriors of gamergate enact real social change in their crusades for great justice!

Oh! I think you would also like this informative website. Very similar incisive view.

5 Likes

Couldn’t I use the same rationale to discredit you and what you are saying? Is your involvement in this movement really based upon academic work and empirical evidence? And even if it was, wouldn’t it make more sense to discredit Sarkeesian or others through debate, rather than mob tactics? You say that this is about evidence, but the so-called “criticism” of so-called “SJWs” I have seen has almost universally been denouncement with personal attacks, rather than attacking the issues through rigorous discussion. So if the case is being made that GG favors evidence rather than getting personal, this is not being done effectively.

4 Likes

What advertisers have left Gawker due to the incoherent GG nonsense?

Answer - One advertiser briefly paused ads but has since resumed.

Why can’t you guys even make a simple post on a comments board without deliberately or stupidly being false?

Intel & Adobe PR were fooled by deliberate falsehoods, but were not advertisers. Mercedes-Benz was fooled by deliberate falsehoods, but quickly corrected the situation.

Now advertisers know, thanks to your successes with deliberate falsehoods that have since been reversed, where & how to see that any indication of even a tertiary reference to gaming in a consumer complaint is the result of an openly published instruction to deliberately lie & deceive.

You shot yourselves in the foot again, because you blew your load too soon, because you couldn’t control yourselves & keep from being false.

Face up & own it, your campaign is openly predicated & promoted on lying to advertisers, according to your own proclaimed “leaders of the losers”.

And every time your campaign scores a minor success with its falsehoods, it will be reversed. All the while, your worst fears will become more tangible to you as you are ground under the heel of the SJW, into the inconsequential that as individuals you already are, but as a group will now be.

Funny thing is, the demise you face isn’t real to any but you & you brought it on yourselves.

7 Likes

Some hero you got there.

While Mason’s channel remains one of the most popular atheist channels on Youtube, he turns out to be a complete asshole who hates Islam and Muslims (joining the ranks of those who oppose Park51), got himself banned from Freethought Blogs for aggressively mocking concerns about sexual harassment at atheist conferences, and devotes his YouTube channel increasingly to deploring feminism and feminists.

Oh, in addition to being a very unkind person, TF also makes a terrible case for his conspiracy theories.

ORLY? Tell that to this guy who thinks he speaks for GG.

4 Likes

I do like Max Read’s take:

Releasing into the world a statement as vacuous as Adobe’s tweet, or as inane as Intel’s “apology,” demonstrates not that those brands stand against something (how else can anyone possibly feel about bullying?) but that they stand for nothing.

Maybe that’s too much to expect from a brand.

2 Likes

With no reference that is, just like your other claims, a hollow personal opinion.

If you want to be taken seriously, back your personal opinion with facts.

Does Thunderf00t provide a reference to Anita Sarkeesian making the claim that “video games sub consciously make people more sexist”?

I am sending you a billion high fives your way. You the man. Eat it sockpuppet! Back to 8chan with you!

1 Like

Then why, sincerely, are you still attaching yourself to a name that was created to harass Zoe Quinn? Why pick a label that was tainted from its inception and then whine when people assume you stand for that label?

Oh, BTW, welcome to the list of Dudes Who Joined Just In Time To Defend Gamergate (And Will Never Be Seen Again)! It now stands at camosy, BigTimStrange, DAP.

3 Likes

If we’re counting camosy, we should also consider elite, tsm, and richard_wolff0 from the same thread. Not too long ago there was also quip. I hope for our dragon’s health they’re not all as greasy as they seem.

1 Like

Man, this place is going to be unbearable in 2288.

6 Likes

Oh, you evil bastard! :smiley:

Somebody should perhaps keep copies of their messages, and provoke them to say more before they are eaten. Then run forensic linguistics on the text, and find out if they are or are not the same person. Certain grammar twists, rare phrases and especially persistent misspellings/errors can bring a lot of clues.

Maybe not worth the effort but can be done.

Maybe could be spun into a PhD thesis… “Automated realtime forensic identification and confirmation of suspected sock puppets in internet discussions”?

3 Likes