Adobe walks into Gamergate, staggers around confusedly

[Permalink]

1 Like

8 Likes

$corporation does not pay attention to $internet_outrage_of_the_month, reacts accordingly.

Nothing much to see.

Without being really immersed in the affair, it is not so easy to keep track of who is who from the ocean of screams.

11 Likes

ā€¦not to mention that all of the screamers seem to think theyā€™re winning

3 Likes

Maybe the higher calling of gamergate is to cause enough collateral damage to #brands and #brandengagement that advertisers become more careful and circumspect about commenting on political issues.

I can dream, right?

4 Likes

All the screamers are winning.

4 Likes

The whole brouhaha is at least helpful for intuitive understanding of the meaning of ā€œfog of warā€.

1 Like

The ā€œhigher callingā€ of gamergate is to get gaming out of the advertising mainstream, so whatever market remains is more beholden to the traditional editorial influences upon that particular enthusiast press.

5 Likes

I mean, just listen to them! If they werenā€™t winning, why would they have to scream so loudly? Clearly, all winners must at all times proclaim their victory to everyone. History is screamed by the victors, after all!

Can we stop talking about this yet?

4 Likes

Oh, sorry. Were we bothering you?

4 Likes

True about the fog of war.

For what itā€™s worth, Iā€™m seeing discussion in groups I follow about how we can have more politically engaged criticism of games.

You can stop talking about it any time you like. You donā€™t need anyone elseā€™s permission.

If what you really mean is ā€œCan everyone else stop talking about it?ā€ ā€” well, that is up to everyone else, and you have no say in the matter.

7 Likes

Must have been the royal ā€˜weā€™, since we do appear to still be conversing.

1 Like

I havenā€™t the slightest idea what we can talk about anymore, except maybe expressing general outrage and outrage directed towards anyone who is not expressing general outrage.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s like the buffalo sentence!

Outrage? I donā€™t think thatā€™s necessary. Iā€™d aim for a sad shake of the head, myself.

2 Likes

So what? Who can really keep track of all the stuff going on under the umbrella of #gamergate? I canā€™t even tell if I hate it or support it or if hating it means I hate women or if supporting it means I hate women. How can anyone keep this all straight?

4 Likes

Now that Adobe is involved I expect a lot more crash reports and reloading to take place.

10 Likes

Also expect the installer to suck, and be prepared for numerous terminate-and-stay-resident updaters (that also suck).

2 Likes