Adulting merit badges

10 Likes

Pretty sure its for not buying stuff online.

7 Likes

Oh, basically what I suggested but on Amazon. That would indeed make sense.

1 Like

Ohhh. That’s possible. You pick a bunch of things online, and then decide not to, so you are abandoning an online shopping cart. That might well be it. But even then I had to think quite hard before I got there.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Somedays I feel nostalgic for the good ol’ days of ^H. Those were good^H^H^H^H interesting times.

1 Like

Yes, or simply “Own an Iron.”

2 Likes

Pretend you understand a topic in a meeting then stealthily google that topic while still in said meeting and intelligently respond to the question raised?

Complete a project without opening StackExchange?

Type 10 table names in a row without typos or a data dictionary?

5 Likes

8 Likes

Is there the flipside badge for “Barista spelled name correctly on my cup”?

2 Likes

Or maybe, gave Barista my real name to write on cup?

Or, brought my own reusable cup to coffee shop!

2 Likes

This is like asking someone to play Dark Souls with permadeath.

2 Likes

And we all get a trophy for showing up… exactly the problem.

My guess is your son is 17 and this is the last MB he needs for Eagle. That seems to be the last one for most of the boys and they’re always taking it down to the wire.

1 Like

This reminds me of hipster scouts from Cat and Girl. I think there is a few more of these, but the search function on the website has been kind of crappy lately… not sure what changed with it.

4 Likes

Answering email is easy, but answering all of them? I would need a badge for that at work, same with voicemails. I haaaaaate going through my voicemails.

3 Likes

I am happy to report that I am doing great at adulting, and have earned several of these badges.

1 Like

Can i verb verb though? Because i will be verbing all the things.

6 Likes

Help. I’ve got contradictory feelings about this.

I hate how everything is gamefied. Being a grown up is also about not needing constant praise to keep going, and fucking not about wearing badges about that shit which should be common sense or common decency, FFS.

OTH, I want such badges for parenting.
And some for the kids, of course. I can re-use that one, I think:

3 Likes

I realize that some things don’t badge as well as others; but surely things like “masked despair with social politeness” and “dodged penury; for now” deserve their place in the adulting canon?

6 Likes