“Advanced injector” TikTok nurse reveals plastic surgery recos for Stranger Things star and gets righteous backlash

I was talking about the Trump picture that is clearly political parody.

Many actors working today have worked out IP contracts for their image that they attempt to use to curb this kind of shit.

But yeah, it is. But apparently, as long as someone is doing it to make money, it’s just fine, at least according to some here (not you!). :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

This. Also generally that kind of marketing is more “here’s one of my past clients and what I did for them” with permission from, and maybe even payment for, said client.
Even putting aside all the many, many other problems with doing things this way, using an actor or celebrity’s likeness commercially, without payment or permission, is a dick move. That kind of thing is part of how they make a living.

6 Likes

There’s something magically grody about this one sentence.

Personally, I’d never considered “having a face” as a reason to seek medical help. And it alarms me that I’m supposed to have someone called an “injector” in my life. Overall I feel like we’re blowing past a whole bunch of questionable assumptions.

7 Likes

5 Likes

“O tempora, o mores!”

There is Justin Bieber with a severe case of facial nerve paralysis by accident. Botox is nothing more than deliberate nerve damage.

It’s sad there is this pressure on people to conform to some generic idea of perfection.

As far as I can tell, the perceived artificiality of all these procedures is the point, for a great deal of people. They don’t want to “look younger” (or even “look better”): they want to “look like they’ve had work done”, that is to say, “look [what in their eyes the] rich [look like].” Because the vast majority of these people do not look at all normal. They almost never have measured, subtle work done; it’s invariably severe/over-the-top modifications: botox that provides completely smooth (and, now, immobile) foreheads and upper lips; excessive fillers that might initially be satisfying, but that never age well. And I’ve never seen a plastic surgeon that looked appealing; they always look like a wax-work dummy.

3 Likes

Twitter user Nilo (evil hag recently tweeted a TikTok

Just fucking… don’t be in those places. You’ll be happier.

Unless you get super distracted by how much someone’s forehead moves when they talk. She sounds like she’s from another planet.

For anyone thinking a video like this is harmless, it’s people like this nurse practitioner who convinced Jennifer Grey that she needed to fix her nose. She didn’t look bad afterwards. She’s still gorgeous, but she doesn’t look like the Jennifer Grey everyone knew from Dirty Dancing, and it damaged her career. I’m guessing this isn’t the first time someone has commented on Natalia Dyer’s angular features in a negative way. In fact, I just did a Google search and see that people have speculated in the past that she’s anorexic. Hopefully, she ignores these comments and criticisms, but these things have a way of worming themselves into your brain when you hear them enough. And that’s just the effect in can have on Dyer. Obviously, some 13 year old girl somewhere who sees a video like this, and also has angular features, may start thinking there’s something wrong with her face. These kinds of videos and comments have real effects on people. Also, brushing it off with a “well that’s why TikTok is garbage” or something similar is not helpful. Like it or not, that’s what people are watching, especially young people. Millennials, GenXers, and Boomers ignoring it isn’t going to help.

2 Likes

Yeah, well, duh. They’re plastic surgeons. If you put them too close to the fire they’ll melt.

2 Likes

It’s all just so easy to fix, right?

4 Likes

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.