Aerobicizing woman does not notice the military convoy approaching

10 Likes

I can only advise everyone to read the whole Twitter thread. The woman in the video has posted c. 10 workout videos she had previously made in the same spot on Facebook in order to corroborate that she isn’t a liar.

9 Likes

I went back and checked. You can definitely see the tulips to the left wave here and there. I think your observation is likely just that it’s compressed to heck (minimal movement gets thrown out). It’s clear there are steep steps behind. When you look at the camera shake that happen half-way through, it’s well mapped throughout (which would be a bit tricky to do with proper parallax.

If it’s faked, they spent much more time than you give them credit for. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the response and just to be sure I was posting on the technical fake possibility and not around the political media manipulation side of the video.

I would still offer that the dancers shadow is directed toward the back upper right where the vehicles shadows are more lower right seeming to suggest a composite.

She also didn’t notice the DC seditionists:

7 Likes

I reckon I should pull my head in on this one :grin:

On closer inspection the shadows do line up in a way that suggests this is authentic footage if not cleverly manipulated!

I know this seems like pedantry but a critical technical analysis of images re truth or falsehood is a worthwhile pursuit these days!

10 Likes

Emerging consensus is that it’s probably real.

9 Likes

Yes at first I thought it was a fake but now I am not sure. Looking at Google satellite image, I agree with @drinkingcoffee. It appears to be taken from the Royal Lotus roundabout in Naypyitaw (which I’d never heard of until now - it did not exist when I learned world geography), looking west, which is the only direction where there is no vegetation in the central divide. The roundabout does appear to have pink colored paths and probably also steps (as do several others in the city). That would put the sun in the SE which would be around mid-morning I think (its a bit north of the equator; eg suncalc.net). Unless the timing is known to be wrong, I think it seems consistent with it being real.

4 Likes

Agreed. What I love about this whole debate is that technology is at the point where we’re no longer sure what’s reality and what isn’t.

6 Likes

Dance Dance Revolution Coup

12 Likes

Aerobicizing woman does not notice the military convoy approaching

It’s not like they were approaching her. What else is she going to do? Stop and stare at some cars?

5 Likes

You’re just noticing that we live in a software construct. Now you won’t be able to stop seeing quantum compression artifacts everywhere you go…

4 Likes

Welcome to the Cut-Ups. Nothing is real. Everything is permissible. What is not expressly forbidden is now mandatory. Operate all mechanisms. This is the weather the cuckoo likes, armoured division submissive to vernacular the world into a gambling birdhouse velocity. Hail, Eris! Hail, Discordia! Scream if you want to faster!

4 Likes

What I’m wowed by is that they put white-wall tires on a blacked out military vehicle.

So much for stealth, going for style instead…

5 Likes

It’s… perfect. It deserves a Werner Herzog voice over.

I imagine in 100 years a historian narrating “While it is often referenced as the video most representative of the year 2020 overall, it was actually made in 2021.”

At least I really hope this isn’t in the running for most representative of 2021…

5 Likes

“I’ll have what he’s having”

3 Likes

It’s that stormtrooper-junta look, ya know?

5 Likes

“I wasn’t dancing to mock or ridicule any organisation or to be silly. I was dancing for a fitness dance competition,” wrote Ms Khing. “As it isn’t uncommon for Nay Pyi Taw to have an official convoy, I thought it was normal so I continued.”

8 Likes

I don’t speak the local language, but that sounds like: “Please don’t shoot me.”

6 Likes

Michelangelo Antonioni’s film Blow Up contributed to this debate 50 odd years ago… stunning cinematography, worth a viewing!

1 Like