After a Romanian mayor dies of COVID-19, his town reelects him anyway

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/29/after-a-romanian-mayor-dies-of-covid-19-his-town-reelects-him-anyway.html

4 Likes

In 2000, Missouri elected a dead man to the Senate over John Ashcroft by a 50,000 vote margin. Such was Ashcroft’s reputation at the time. In his home state. Of Missouri.

Unfortunately, that made him available to be Dubya’s AG and we all know how that went.

ETA: Mel Carnahan was a beloved Governor, so it wasn’t just that Ashcroft is a vile, horrible human. But he is.

8 Likes

I say let the dead lead, the living haven’t done a good job so lets try something new.

7 Likes

There is a long tradition of people being “undead” in that part of the Carpathians.

Just sayin’.

14 Likes

Meh, no biggie. After all, the Democrats just nominated the walking dead for president.

5 Likes

When Hell is full, the Dead shall walk rule the Earth.

2 Likes

I mean, it IS Romania…

nosferatu

11 Likes

So could the Republicans still go with Herman Cain?

2 Likes

If you’re going with a dead Republican, why not go all in? Nixon for President 2020!

His campaign slogan could be “At least I was never actually impeached!”

3 Likes

I don’t have a great retirement strategy, but I thought I could at least stop working when I was dead.

Robots and dead people are taking all of the jobs…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.