Small town newspaper obituary for COVID-19 victim blames Trump, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, and covidiots everywhere

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/04/small-town-newspaper-obituary.html

18 Likes

David Nagy’s family has done him a true honour with this obituary. My sense from it is that he himself was an honest man. If any of the bereaved read these comments, my condolences.

47 Likes

I’m sorry for the family’s loss, but good for them for writing this. I hope it’s the start of a trend of speaking truth to power and placing blame where it belongs.

40 Likes

God damn she did not pull any punches. Given that the demographics that align with trump and read the obituary section greatly overlap, here’s hoping this makes some sort of impact.

34 Likes

R.I.P. this poor man, condolences to the family and infinite fuckoffs to the idiots who killed so many people through their stupidity.

28 Likes

How dare they politicize this man’s death, that right is only reserved for politicians regarding Benghazi.

16 Likes

Cue the death threats to this poor grieving widow in 3, 2, 1…

I wish this was sarcasm.

14 Likes

No, no, no. You can politicize any death (or anything) as long as you’re a Republican. Not just Benghazi.

10 Likes

Kudos to Mrs Nagy, and sympathies for her loss.

18 Likes

So say we all :frowning:

10 Likes

Good on them. Everyone not taking proper precautions during a pandemic is a potential mass murderer, and should be treated as such. But apparently they get a free pass because they don’t know when/if they’ve killed someone, so that makes it okay.

5 Likes

I concur with Snopes. I just saw the widow doing an interview on CNN. She is real.

3 Likes

snopes’ tone is often intolerably condescending. I always preferred Truth or Fiction - Official Site

1 Like

Don’t know Snopes but I think that “Fake News” seems to be good currency these day and from looking at this image of a newspaper obituary I would stick my head out and say I’m not believing it’s real.

Having said that I do believe the sentiments are real.

Absolutely no disrespect to David Nagy and his family and loved ones.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.