After being harassed by Marjorie Taylor Green, Cori Bush moves her office out of safety concerns

Can Bush get a restraining order? Or are representatives somehow immune from them (the way they apparently are from recall even if their state’s constitution permits it).

5 Likes

Never heard of him dude. Chill out.

2 Likes

I am sticking pins into a Barbie doll that is wearing a MAGA cap.

5 Likes

She represents what I think of as the “Howard-Sternification™” of politics. I doubt she believes most of this stuff, but she knows that some of her supporters do, and most of the rest don’t but like to see “the libtards” get upset about the outrageous stuff she says. The GOP has basically devolved into the party of governance via shit post.

10 Likes

The cleverest trick used in propaganda against Germany during the war was to accuse Germany of what our enemies themselves were doing.

ETA: @NickyG beat me to it! good!

8 Likes

If we were to flip the script, for a moment, I’d like to pitch this as a way of collecting evidence by… uh… self-surveillance because this TED talk is kinda mindblowing:

The man basically keeps his receipts–all of them–to the nth degree. It must be a staggeringly time-consuming project but the results are nothing short of amazing.

Mind you, this was back before “alternate facts” and the inside-out-ism of the past 4 years under the Cult45 regime. So there is a YMMV factor involved now, but I am still convinced sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Uh, except for the crazy Q-peeps.

Well, fuck.

Hoping Cori Bush has a really decent, reliable security detail…

ETA: added Harvey Milk info

15 Likes

Along with Mayor Moscone.

It’s not implausible that Dianne Feinstein could be faced with finding yet ANOTHER colleague or two gunned down by a deranged fellow legislator.

14 Likes

Limbaughfication is more like it.

5 Likes

There is a ghoul behind her eyes.

2 Likes

How about the “Alex Jones-ification” of the GOP. Profess deeply held beliefs in crazy shit, right up until there’s actual legal consequences. Then suddenly “oh I’m not really fucking crazy, I’m just playing a character all day and night.” then when the court backs off, go straight back to being fucking insane.

16 Likes

hostile work environment. there are federal laws for that …

9 Likes

Holy fucksocks; it never dawned on me before that the Moscone Center is named for him… of course I’m not a NorCal native, but still…

12 Likes

Yeah it’s kind of wild that the Mayor of a major American city was assassinated in his own office and most people kind of forgot about it because the assassin killed Harvey Milk immediately afterwards.

Dianne Feinstein really was the one who found Milk’s body. It sounds like it must have been an absolutely horrifying ordeal—when she tried to feel his neck for a pulse her finger entered a bullet wound.

19 Likes

Hell, I’d never even heard of Harvey Milk until I moved out here.

I can only imagine.

13 Likes

Can we rename Marjorie Taylor Green to Congress Karen?

4 Likes

Wait, what!?!

11 Likes

Sadly, not commonly used these days, but it did come to mind when Angry Tinkerbell came to power and the Cult45 grew around him.

4 Likes

Marina Hyde in her Guardian article this morning coined a phrase about idiots making plain dumb claims. Her comment was in a totally different context (about different idiots making different claims) but reading about the fuckwit that is Marjorie Taylor, and the fuckwitted things she believes in and fuckwitted claims she makes, I think it fits.

The sort of claim that typically sparks two questions. 1. Have you recently suffered a blunt-force head trauma? 2. Would you like to?

Pertinent questions, both, for Marjorie Taylor.

11 Likes

Which is why ‘Top Trumps’ was always such a fun game.

5 Likes

There isn’t enough microwave popcorn at my local grocer to watch this play out. I guess I’ll just settle for pretzels.