After being harassed by Marjorie Taylor Green, Cori Bush moves her office out of safety concerns

It all goes back to Nixon, employing the southern strategy to pull in Wallace voters as well as the far right fringe groups (Birchers, anti-tax revolt in socal, etc)… then the rise of the Moral Majority who backed Reagan, who laid the ground work for the gutting of the regulatory state. Then it was Gingrich, using those Limbaughian tactics to win support and push Clinton to the right… then it was the Tea Party with it’s birther wing, who opposed a Black man as president. Then Alex Jones conspiracy mongering… then finally Trump.

18 Likes

Also worth remembering that the assassin, Dan White, was a former army vet, police officer and fireman. Despite the cold-blooded and clearly premeditated murder of Milk and Mayor Moscone, he only served five years of a seven year sentence for manslaughter. I’m sure that if it weren’t for the fact that he was a democrat the Blue Live Matter and Q-anon crowds would hail him as a hero.

12 Likes

What exactly is entertaining about this? How is any of this fun? These people STILL pose a significant threat since they are getting the leadership of the GOP to do what they want them to do.

14 Likes

Threats to life are entertaining to you?
That’s nice.

12 Likes

No, they are not.

Then why say “I dont have enough snacks for this” ?

3 Likes

16 Likes

Nothing is entertaining about this and none of this is fun.

My tact is running dry these days. Apologize if I offended.

2 Likes

Not me as an individual - but fair enough. Times are weird these days, not every joke lands.

6 Likes

My dad jokes usually land with a really tough roll these days.

Two kiddos, so four eye rolls.

3 Likes

I will add this again:

4 Likes

Make sure they practice so they don’t pull a muscle.

1 Like

Which was only one incident in a long history of violence.

4 Likes

I can explain that one easily:

Democrats are at least occasionally capable of holding their own accountable for their actions. Republicans are not.

14 Likes

That’s not changed. Everyone in the UK over the age of four still knows that he is Mr. Fart.
(That doesn’t mean he doesn’t have his fans here, sadly).

1 Like

IOKIYAR. Words of no syllables or less.

5 Likes

"“There are no consequences in the Republican caucus for violence. There’s no consequences for racism, no consequences for misogyny, no consequences for insurrection. And no consequences means that they condone it. It means that that silence is acceptance.”

18 Likes

That’s way more the no syllables! No chance they will read that many words. Not that it matters if they do, anyway.

7 Likes

Call her MTG: Magic The Gathering, cuz her ever making sense is an expensive fantasy.

8 Likes