After bungled drug deal, cocaine hidden in banana bundles delivered to Canadian grocery stores

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/22/after-bungled-drug-deal-cocaine-hidden-in-banana-bundles-delivered-to-canadian-grocery-stores.html

4 Likes

The CIA backs out slowly out of the room

15 Likes

Just look at them…

I SAID … JUST … LOOK … AT THEM!!

27 Likes

There’s always money in the banana stand.

20 Likes

cocaine nathan explosion GIF

10 Likes

Experts estimated that the packages would have introduced upwards of 800,000 doses of crack cocaine into the Canadian illicit drug market, according to Kelowna RCMP. That’s enough for every resident in the City of Kelowna to receive nearly 6 doses each, the force added.

Was the cocaine already processed into crack prior to shipping?
If not, why would they just assume that it would all be made into crack later?
Or is this just authorities trying to spin drugs into the biggest, scariest numbers possible?

10 Likes

Blockchain would have prevented this. The coke would have been tracked and delivered to its rightful owner.

3 Likes

Once again…

4 Likes

My money’s on this one. Values are always overinflated for the press releases.

5 Likes

On the plus side at least there are a bunch of addicts out there who are now getting some badly needed potassium.

8 Likes

At Least He Won’t Be Using Heroin-Flavored Bananas To Finance Revolutions…

Apparently, there is a disease-resistant strain of banana called ‘Goldfinger’.

2 Likes

Now that’s fruit with certain a peel.

Running away now.

1 Like

Some people have all the luck. Lord… just once let me be the guy who finds a bale on the beach or has something erroneous delivered to my house.

5 Likes

It’s just cocaine, what could it cost, 10 dollars?

9 Likes

My parents have had undeliverable grey market edibles returned to their house! Twice! Maybe more and they don’t tell me after I seized the last batch from them.

3 Likes

They finally discovered the mastermind behind this plot:

But then there’s the recreational users on a ‘bender’ :grin:

1 Like

My first thought, too. Was it crack already? Or just the potential to be crack? When these Canadians perhaps didn’t do it intentionally, there are racist undertones with going down the crack path.

Also, what is a dose of crack? Is there a specific international unit which defines a dose? Of crack cocaine?

2 Likes

Always.