After Christchurch shooting, Australia doubles down on being stampeded into catastrophically stupid tech laws

the answer is simple - ban everything. i mean EVERYTHING

because it will all kill us.

just lie around in a tube and be fed paste till the inevitable - and then we will all be safe.

Me? i’m gonna say stop trying to legislate our way to safety - but? color me silly - freedom of choice has been proven over and over to result in deaths - lets get rid of it

Wasnt there an episode of Big Bang Theory where Sheldon made every choice by rolling a 20 sided die?

thats what we should opt for.

There’s a middle ground between that and “free explosives for toddlers!”

Which is about the level of your argument: a toddler who is throwing a fit because someone is talking about taking away their (dangerous) toys. It also ignores that the vast majority of the progress that has been made over the last 200+ years in making people’s lives better has been due to 1. science, and 2. government regulation. That second one is a big boogeyman to a lot of people, right up until the point that someone else starts causing you harm with their free choices.

7 Likes

Woah woah woah. Who ever said anything about free? They have to pay for it like the rest of us.

4 Likes

Good point. They might need to apply for their school district’s “Free or Reduced Price Semtex” program.

5 Likes

kimmy-schmidt-white-nonsense-is

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.