After faking remorse in court in hopes of getting short sentences, Jan. 6 rioters renounce their apologies

Here in Australia he would be looking at Contempt of Court at the very least.

Judges here take a very dim view to people going "Psych! I was only foolin’ I’m not really repentant "

20 Likes

AIUI there is no “double jeopardy” for resentencing

5 Likes

The perjury and contempt of court are whole new charges.

15 Likes

If he wants to retract his plea and get re-sentenced, I say let the man have his wish. He can be the most popular neo-nazi on the prison yard!

2 Likes

I am having a hard time trying to figure out if Judge Royce Lamberth was duped or not.

His decisions have been a mixed bag and not all of them are as regrettable as that utterly

yes that–despicable–comparison with Dr. King.

Sucker born every minute? Intentional enabler? :woman_shrugging: I was hoping for a bit more perspicacity from this judge.

Charm offensives (and performative contrition if and when it ever happens)… tools in the J6 insurrectionist toolbox, for those brought before the courts. Sad that their spiels work for them.

Tv Land Teacher GIF by Teachers on TV Land

6 Likes

He should still be in jail. All insurrectionists should be in jail until at least 2029.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.