Reagan-appointed judge calls out Jan 6 riot as an affront to America: Sentences MAGA rioter to 7+ Years

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/03/reagan-appointed-judge-calls-out-jan-6-riot-as-an-affront-to-america-sentences-maga-rioter-to-7-years.html

20 Likes

GOOD.
More of this, please.

31 Likes

14 years sounds about right to me.

13 Likes

always appreciate alliteration…
but i think there’s one too .any “Ks” in that than necessary.

11 Likes

Not going to argue with a thing he said, but jeez, do you not have retirement in your country? 36 years is too long to be doing a job.

3 Likes

The third one is redundant. Candy corn is the most commonly hated Halloween candy, so maybe that one is only there for BB’s international readers?

[edit] @nickpheas: I’m sure the judge is eligible for full pension, but the fund might lucratively reward staying several years after eligibility. Then again, maybe the judge just really enjoys his job. :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Season 8 Shade GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

6 Likes

Nope. Our retirement system sucks.

Social Insecurity

15 Likes

When a Reagan era judge comes out against MAGA misbehavior… it’s remarkable to find myself in agreement with a progenitor of the long downhill Republican slide.

13 Likes

There is something ironic about Reagan era appointees being against the results of the chain of events started by Reagan. (Okay, okay, so it started before Reagan, but today’s political landscape wouldn’t be quite this unhinged if it wasn’t for him.)

8 Likes

Reagan was definitely just a figurehead, not the evil mastermind of the post-Nixon Republican Party. If they had picked a different person as their frontman things could be just as bad, or maybe worse. (Example: Pat Buchanan.)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.