It’s a shame that not everyone went on the record.
“huffpost” appears to have won the alliterative headline contest: KEVIN CAVES TO THE KOOKS!
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
I don’t know who that Senator was, but that Senator certainly knows the Republican Congressional Representatives.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
We should be appalled at the senator who viewed impeachment as a loser because it didn’t “poll well with voters.” But we aren’t because that’s par for the course now with the GOP – everything is just a political tool.
… jesus christ this shit again
This is going to be the first time Articles of Impeachment are going to list the relevant offenses as “[TBD].”
Oh, but it’s worse than that, as about 90% of what the Republican party does these days is very unpopular with voters (including their own), and the other 10% is distracting and lying from what their actual policy positions are… and this is in that 10%.
Ah, so this is the part where the snake’s eaten so much of its tail, it’s worked its way back around to the head.
But not surprising. The GOP establishment are mostly cowards and opportunists.
Also they’re giving too much credit to this dope. McCarthy isn’t any form of Machiavellian, just a dumb weak guy who’s flailing around to keep his position.
Democrats like to remind us that Trump has been subject to impeachment proceedings not just once, but twice. No wonder there are people inside the GOP who would like to impeach Biden for something – anything, really – just so they can say “But Biden too!!!”. (Didn’t he keep top-secret papers in his home just like Trump??)
At least in Trump’s case there was enough reasonable-looking evidence in front of the House to send articles of impeachment to the Senate. With Biden this looks less than likely, both as far as the evidence itself and a majority in the House are concerned, and of course there is no conceivable way in which 2/3s of the current Senate would vote to impeach Biden, anyway, so all of this is basically theatre.
This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.