John Fetterman hilariously makes fun of Republicans when asked about impeachment inquiry (video)

Originally published at: John Fetterman hilariously makes fun of Republicans when asked about impeachment inquiry (video) | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Hilarious! This reaction is also appropriate:

11 Likes

I continue to enjoy seeing him wander the halls of Congress in shorts.

He talks honestly, has normal problems he admits to, and is appears to be a pretty good guy.

29 Likes

Pixburgher here, volunteered a bit on his 2016 campaign: Can confirm.
Smart, cares about his constituency, knows how to reach blue collar folks, and proven record of excellent trollololing (suck it funny BB filter).
His wife is no slouch in that department either, her photos of Fetterman crack me up.

23 Likes
11 Likes

Fetterman!

Glad to see he seems to be fully recovered and is doing well in the Senate.

18 Likes

Yep, checks out. This dude’s from Pittsburgh.

8 Likes

11 Likes

Yeah, serious “picking up a rotisserie chicken at Walmart vibes.” Not my style, but I love how it thumbs the nose at an institution composed largely of bumpkins and hate mongers dressed as day traders.

While their post was pending this image appeared in its place:

IMG_4839

:wink:

10 Likes

McCarthy’s an idiot; impeachment is only a political act, not a criminal one. It might have consequences if successful but doesn’t result in a criminal penalty or record.

6 Likes

Not a native though. “Yinz” is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

6 Likes

You guys do that in Pittsburgh too?

In Chicago we use chairs and anything else we can find to hold a spot

5 Likes

Damn, that’s a nice mid-century chair to be using for parking dibs. You’re supposed to use a folding beach chair or an old wooden chair with a broken leg.

6 Likes

Might it also have consequences if unsuccessful?

I’ve been thinking that those pushing for it merely hope an investigation will raise suspicions among voters about Biden, not that it’ll actually result in something actionable.

6 Likes

It could have the opposite effect as well; the GQP come up with nothing and a few GOP senators vote against whatever phoney articles that the congressmen come up with. People will eventually get tired of nothing being done except obstructionism.

3 Likes

It’s a toney neighbourhood.

7 Likes

Ah, HCR thinks so too, and of course says it better than i could:

This inquiry is not actually about wrongdoing; it is a reiteration of the same plan Trump tried to execute in 2019 when he asked Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelensky to smear Biden before the 2020 presidential election. By launching an inquiry, Republicans can count on their false accusations spreading through the media, tainting their opponents even without evidence of wrongdoing. See, for example, Clinton, Hillary: emails.

Source:

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s a “thing” here for sure. Local print shop even sells “official” chairs

(As an aside, while I have no affiliation, I will plug Commonwealth Press whenever I can, super awesome folks and very union proud https://www.cwpress.com/ )

4 Likes

The site is blocked by my work but I really had to see the ad so checked on my phone and very glad I did. The disclaimer on that item is worth the click, omg.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.