After Giuliani boasted of being elated about getting sued by Dominion for $1.3 billion, he spent a week dodging process server

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/02/23/after-giuliani-boasted-of-being-elated-about-getting-sued-by-dominion-for-1-3-billion-he-spent-a-week-dodging-process-server.html

6 Likes

22 Likes

I’d say he’s a vile rat, but rats are actually adorable and intelligent, and Rudy is neither.

14 Likes

Dodging service seems almost old-timey and quaint.

Seems notable that he hasn’t butt-dialed a journalist in a while. It appears they are not confident about their current messaging.

20 Likes

7MAx

11 Likes

Giuliani of course welcomes the fight in the same realm of made-up bluster the entire Republican party inhabits. But no, Dominion has to go and try to make it actually real for him. Don’t they get that consequences are supposed to be for other people?

12 Likes

I never thought I’d be rooting for a voting equipment manufacturer… But here we are.

22 Likes

Rudy to MyPillow Mike: We’ve got them just where we want them LOL

16 Likes

I’m sure that Dominion are looking forward to investigating Rudy Giuliani’s history, finances, and practices.

17 Likes

6VbP5la

12 Likes

Because they attempted to serve Giuliani through waiver (sometimes known as “notice and acknowledgment”), but Giuliani refused, Dominion can recover the expenses it incurred trying to serve him personally.

It hope it’s a lot.

23 Likes

“Dominion’s defamation lawsuit for $1.3 billion will allow me to investigate their history, finances, and practices fully and completely.”

I cannot think of a less-terrifying threat; Giuliani couldn’t successfully investigate what he ate for his own breakfast, a week prior.

6 Likes

Is it that hard to remember three martinis? OK, I acknowledge that in some circumstances, indeed it can be.

7 Likes

It’s also something that a capable lawyer would realize is kind of pointless. It’s not the suit disappears if the process server misses you on Tuesday.

9 Likes

Giuliani forgets to blink, often enough. It makes him (even more) unnerving to watch in video clips.

2 Likes

Therein lies the answer…

7 Likes

Wait. . . who were we discussing here?

10 Likes

No scientist could stomach tickling Giuliani, but many a scientist has tickled a rat.

2 Likes

Why didn’t they hire Maria Bakalova?

3 Likes

You just have to aim for a shorter time period.

He can remember what he ate about 24 hours prior because he rubbed it on his head for coloration (and everyone else can smell it as it drips down his temples).

1 Like