After GOP toadies try to rename Dulles Airport after Trump, Democratic lawmaker has a better idea

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/02/after-gop-toadies-try-to-rename-dulles-airport-after-trump-democratic-lawmaker-has-a-better-idea.html

10 Likes
16 Likes

They no longer even have the decency to wait until there’s confirmation of death. They pulled the same stunt to get as much as possible named after Reagan, but at least they waited 24-48 hours then.

11 Likes

I still call it National Airport. I’ll be damned if I ever call it what they renamed it. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Still makes me mad, and I don’t live in NoVA anymore. :thinking:

23 Likes

If an airport were to be a Trump property, I would have no problem believing it would be just like Dulles.

Also, I already hate Dulles enough. There is no need to pour any gasoline on that fire.

8 Likes

The GOP wanted to remove Roosevelt from the dime and put Reagan on it. That went nowhere and neither will this. Maybe get back to the border bill or something actually useful.

5 Likes

Donald Trump perfectly represents the lowest common denominator of what the GOP is-- money and power. Everything else they once claimed as their ideals or platform-- morals or “family values”, fiscal policy, world diplomacy-- this has all been tossed aside.

6 Likes

Almost… almost. How about something like “Leavenworth United States Penitentiary and Trump Presidential Library.” The first Presidential Library to feature a living exhibit!

10 Likes

Surely there should be a Superfund site with his name on it?

9 Likes

I read this and got my hopes up

Cat Love GIF

21 Likes

She just talked about this on Colbert:

8 Likes

Yep, that’s why it was in my brain when I saw this post.

5 Likes

You and me both, friend!

7 Likes

DCA or the highway.

ANYTHING but you know who.

4 Likes

Don’t name anything after Trump. Not even a disease or a prison. He’s not smart enough to understand the intent, he’ll take it as further proof of his own greatness, as will his witless followers. Since humans are apparently incapable of learning from the examples of history anyway, let him fade into complete obscurity as soon as possible.

9 Likes

The most ridiculous part was how Republicans tried to fast-track a Reagan monument on the National Mall while he was still alive even though Reagan was the one who signed the 1986 bill stating that no such memorial could be constructed until at least 25 years after the honoree’s death.

11 Likes

I was going to post that!!

Oh Man Reaction GIF by Bounce

10 Likes

When I think about them naming an airport after the guy who fired the striking air traffic controllers … grrr.

18 Likes

The way they route planes in and around DCVAMd I’d say that they are still very pissed off.

7 Likes

20 Likes