Ohio Republicans want to honor Trump with his own state park

Originally published at: Ohio Republicans want to honor Trump with his own state park | Boing Boing

3 Likes

So if the choice is to name the park for a blood sucking, annoying (ETA: Forgot to mention deadly disease spreading) parasite or an insect, I would choose the insect.

44 Likes

Don’t they have rules against naming things after living people?

11 Likes

So Ohioans have a choice between a blood-sucking parasite that’s a leading cause of death and disease, and an insect.

What a sad nihilistic death cult of sore boot-licking losers.

29 Likes

Great minds think alike.

Conservatives: naming shit after racist losers since 1865.

18 Likes

24 Likes

Are they budgeting for the constant defacing of the signage from now until the end of time? Might be something to consider. How’s Trump’s Hollywood star doing these days?

17 Likes

If the Donald J. Trump** Memorial Park comprised an overflowing, gold-plated Port-a-Potty stationed next to a gold-plated, eternally flaming dumpster in the middle of a dilapidated parking lot, I’d be all for it.

EDIT: Also, he needs to be dead first, so it’s a true memorial.

** Impeached twice

18 Likes

I feel conflicted. I don’t normally root for forest fires, you see.

6 Likes

I suppose if they have to rename a state park for him, choosing a park named after a tiny, irritating, blood-sucking insect is the most appropriate…

8 Likes

So does that mean Ohio Republicans will have to kill Trump?

7 Likes

May I propose:

Rumpke Sanitary Landfill , more colloquially known as Mount Rumpke or Rumpke Mountain , is one of the largest landfills in the United States located in Colerain Township, Hamilton County, north of Cincinnati, Ohio.

Changing the signage would be even cheaper- all they’d need is a pack of vinyl "T"s and a sharpie marker.

24 Likes
9 Likes

Quite honestly, I think Trump’s reaction to the change would be quite negative. “Mosquito Lake?? Why would I want my name on that shithole?”

it’s hard to think about celebrating someone who’s openly referred to as “the Insurrectionist in Chief.”

Columbus Day remains a thing.

9 Likes

Only if it’s underground, completely inaccessible, and smells like sulpher.

6 Likes

I wonder if they realize that Trump loathes the great outdoors except for the parts that have been converted into golf courses.

Remember, he’s the guy who blames California’s wildfires on people who can’t be bothered to “rake the floors” regularly enough.

11 Likes

Honoring a mass murderer, that’s very KKKpublicn thing to do.

7 Likes

Too late!

NY beat them to it by substantial time:

9 Likes

You know I have mostly managed to ignore all the Crap that the GOP has named after saint Reagan, (I still call it National Airport) and now of course they are going to start all over again, but naming stuff after Trump. The Gop as cult of personality just keeps getting worse and worse. I wonder whether some red-state will rename itself. “We’re tired of all the North Dakota jokes, so now we’re the great state of Trump.” Don’t put it past them.

8 Likes

How 'bout just finding a point somewhere on Mosquito Lake, likely something shaped like a mushroom headed penile projection jutting out into the lake and covered in goldenrod and infested with ticks, where MAGA QAnons can go to worship their false god and pray for fascism. Also, if necessary for public accommodations, a place for micturition rites named for the disgraced and twice impeached ex-president… whose name I will not utter.
Please note that anything placed there to “honor” Individual One will likely be an often vandalised place, not worthy of anything but the spray painting of invectives and the occasional and righteous kegger beer fueled sprays of “golden showers”… Do the citizens of Ohio really want to foot the tax payer bills for upkeep and security for such a target?
…Simply renaming the entire lake, the costs associated with the changes to signage, letterheads on documents, legal costs, etc… would be significantly more expensive than would be let on by the promoters of the idea.
Not too smart for someone who is not even a native son. What, supposedly, did this guy really do for Ohio?

2 Likes