After hack and attempted shakedown, Radiohead posts hours of demos

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/11/after-hack-and-attempted-shake.html

3 Likes

This is why we can’t have nice things, however good on Radiohead for their handling of this :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Haw haw! Noob hacker tried to make money off of recorded music. It is risible.

6 Likes

Though in this case… isn’t it why we do get to have nice things?
I was always keen on outtakes of my favorite bands…

4 Likes

Not too smart on the hacker’s side eh? Seems to me that if Radiohead had thought the tracks were worth money, they would have released them as y’know, music for money.

7 Likes

Sure its cool that they put this out into the world, but i value their privacy which is what i meant.

6 Likes

They were probably operating under the assumption that most pop artists would be embarrassed by rough cuts because they’re a largely middling bunch. I haven’t had time to listen yet, but based on their 25 years of output I doubt there’s much to be embarrassed about here.

Sort of related: A few days ago my wife was listening to some female artist’s cover of something from The Bends (can’t recall at the moment). It was really well done, but it really reminded me of how extraordinary Thom’s voice is.

3 Likes

It may have been Amanda Palmer’s covers? If so, also quite good.

3 Likes

Radiohead to hackers: This is what you get when you mess with us.

8 Likes

this is why i continue to be a fan of Radiohead. brilliant response, and it shuts the blackmailers right down. here comes my $23.

5 Likes

…arrest this girl, her hacker hijinks are making me feel ill and we have crashed her extortionnnnnnnn…

Karma police are coming for the hackers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.