After huge CyberTruck win Elon Musk demands a raise

Originally published at: After huge CyberTruck win Elon Musk demands a raise - Boing Boing

6 Likes

I also wonder when the Tesla board and shareholders will get sick of his shit.

The current ones still seem to be guzzling down his Flavor Aid. Once the Bonesaw clan and the banks foreclose on his Tesla collateral for Xitter, though, things could change.

13 Likes

Bold move, especially given the timing.

17 Likes

Riding that wave of great CyberTruck PR.

15 Likes

As if the jackass ever built anything in the first place. :roll_eyes:

24 Likes

What is the Cyber Truck massive win?

6 Likes

Huh. I honestly thought he had a much larger stake in the company. Isn’t that low enough they can more or less ignore him?

Also “Musk said that he would not want to grow Tesla to become a leader in artificial intelligence and robotics without a compensation plan…” Dude, you don’t know shit about fuck with either of those two subjects. How will YOU grow the company in those areas?

12 Likes

It generated some glorious memes? Otherwise I think it’s just a sarcastic comment on the timing.

7 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

8 Likes

The Ozarks Laugh GIF by NETFLIX

5 Likes

The trucks didn’t catch fire within the first week of being outside of the factory

12 Likes

At the time of my posting this, Tesla’s P/E ratio is 70.58, and P/B ratio 13.01

The Tesla stock is still massively overvalued; something like one fourth of the current price would be a reasonable price.

7 Likes

He wants a raise? Strap him in a Starship and send him to Mars.

7 Likes

Oh no, is Elno no longer going to spend money on fake robots, or in pretending Teslas can drive themselves? Yeah, actually, that all sounds like a pretty good reason to not give in to his demand.

Yeah, that’s the really baffling thing, to me. Like what is he actually bringing to the table, here? His lack of understanding of AI? His “showmanship” (which amounts to “incompetent, incel Steve Jobs”)? His tendency to wildly over-promise on the capabilities of tech that might never even exist?

The only way it makes sense to me is if what he’s saying here is, “I’m going to take my money and start other companies that will directly compete with the AI/robotics ventures at Tesla that I’ve spent years promoting (and which I think are important), thereby undermining Tesla, if you don’t give me shares to replace the ones I lost making really idiotic business decisions. Right now I’m accidentally damaging Tesla - but what if I started doing it on purpose?”

Ironic?

8 Likes

IIRC he claims to have named OpenAI. So the ability to name things. Poorly.

2 Likes

The only way it makes sense to me is if he is threatening to take his name and aura away from the company and, absent that climate changing amount of methane emitting bullshit, the shares will naturally tend to their fundamental value. In other words he is aware of the bezzle but he’s rich enough to double down. What can happen to him?

I have seen other companies whose valuation is dependent on the aura of a publicity hungry CEO, damn their dubious accounting practices.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s part of what I was getting at - I’m sure he has his delusional beliefs about AI/robotics, and his role in advancing them, which might be shared by the board, and in that delusional framework he thinks he’s actually withholding something from Tesla and creating a significant competing business, but the threat works in the real world, too. Because his contributions are bullshit, and all he contributes is promotional nonsense, starting other companies, even if their products are bullshit too, still directly undermines all the (promotional) work he’s done at Tesla by taking away his aura and giving it to a competing venture.

This behavior really seems like a(nother) good reason to give him less power over the company… but I suppose, as Elno’s PR value starts going negative, and so much of the company’s value is built on him as a personality, the sunk-cost fallacy rears its head.

4 Likes

… Musk leaving Tesla would be the best thing that ever happened to it :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

That’s the delicious irony - Musk is just drawing attention to the insubstantiality of his contributions, how much he’s damaging the company now that reality is impinging on his myth, and that, as long as he’s involved in any way, all he’s going to do is damage the company further - on purpose, even.

6 Likes