After ICE raid, children left homeless and without food

Georgia did, not sure on Alabama

19 Likes

Abuse and cruelty are the point, not a result.

17 Likes

So is Mr. Grendys now facing incarceration or fines or something as a result of he himself “breaking the law” by knowingly hiring the “illegal” immigrants as workers? Yes? Anyone? Bueller?

I’m suddenly finding this face very punchable.

15 Likes

I live in South-East San Diego, we pile rocks / bricks on every street corner for when ICE does a rando drive by. A rock in the windshield sends a message, oh boy does it. Funny how that never makes the news…

20 Likes

at some point someone (maybe not here, but someone) will say "but they are stealing “our” jobs.

you can then point them to this article.

In response to the labor shortage prompted by the state law, Spencer promptly sprang into action with an experiment of his own making. He worked to recruit dozens of unemployed U.S. citizens to replace the missing immigrant workers

only three workers lasted through the entirety of Spencer’s month-long experiment.

“It really showed no comparison,” Spencer, who lives in Birmingham, told HuffPost. “The American workers could not do what the Mexican workers did. They were physically and mentally incapable.

As a result of the labor shortage, many crops simply rotted in the fields that year, costing farmers tens of thousands of dollars in lost revenue.

20 Likes

also…Fuck ICE.

9 Likes

Ah yes. I wasn’t sure which state it was.

4 Likes

Jab above cites an article that says it was Alabama as well.
a reply on Aug 8, '19

7 Likes

I called the number for donations and the mailbox is full. This is a weirdly specific thing, but … I have a large box of unopened diabetes testing supplies; lancets and test strips. If anyone knows if they have a need for those I would very much prefer to donate them instead of throwing them out.

17 Likes

Regardless of what City you reside in, Women’s shelters are in need of those test strips.
Just an FYI…

22 Likes

What a cruel country to live in.

8 Likes

I have this on my desk here at work… It’s so f#cking true…

18 Likes

I’d actually planned to call one today, but this crossed my dash first thing so I thought I’d check.

15 Likes

Thank you good human.

13 Likes

One part of me says they never will; that this is cruelty to cause fear; that this is about suppressing wages and worker’s rights more than about getting a tiny fraction of the immigrants out of the US.

But then I have no idea. The true believers are in charge and they might do anything. I remember reading about towns that were utterly depopulated of women during witch hunts. The troops on the ground don’t get the message that it is a farce about social control and they end up destroying themselves.

16 Likes

Holy%20fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck%20youre%20a%20hero%20_f3e62b133918c8e1b09d4bad0856cdd6

13 Likes

If they do I guarantee you that they’ll pick and choose opponents of the regime when they need to make examples of the “cosmopolitan elites” for their base while leaving wealthy donors and supporters alone. Fascists know how to play that game.

8 Likes

If Koch Food is owned by the notoriously far-right Koch brothers, then the irony and inadvertent justice is almost worth it.

1 Like

Then again they wouldn’t have to arrest or deport everyone to have a devastating impact on the food industry; they’d just have to create enough chaos and fear that people would be too scared to work the fields or hire the labor.

4 Likes

That sounds like a bad job that needs to pay more.

9 Likes