After locals complain of poor signal, California cops raid home to find 5G jammer device

Especially the description. Better than the usual BB store copy:

Here we have an excellent device for you. Just have a look to understand what it is from the Texin brand. Did you get what it is? I think you got it. Yes, you are right that it is a signal jammer produced by the Texin named Texin BG-E8 which is crucial from different perspectives. If you are in search of a fantastic signal jammer by you can work properly, then I should say that you are in the right place. You don’t need to go anywhere else to find another one. Let me make you understand some of the great features and functionalities of the Texin signal jammer.

13 Likes

Bars like to buy them too… They get fined by Fat Cousin Charlie when they get caught.
The specs SAY this thing is only supposed to work to about 20 meters… So why was it wiping out such a large area? Modified?

3 Likes

Why would it be inverse cube and not inverse square? My understanding is inverse cube is only for dipoles like magnets, not actual emissions. :confused:

4 Likes

It kind of sounds like, from the article, that maybe no one was at home when police came by, and they’ve said nothing about any arrests, which makes me think the occupant of the home might not have shown up yet (at least when they were around) or otherwise made themselves obvious. Either that, or they’re still building their case before charging anyone, which involves collecting information such as how long this has been going on, how many people were affected, etc.

There was more than one, and they were right next to at least one comms tower, which I suspect played a part in why they were so effective.

7 Likes

There is an elaborate pseudoscience around the toxicity of the signal itself; they (some of them, anyway) think random noise is fine. It’s a way of helping the mythology evade the science.

17 Likes

I mean, there’s no telling what things those signals could be carrying.

Improper uses of the internet

That said, we have survived AM radio this long.

18 Likes

Was there really a person living there, or was the apartment rented just to place the jammers?

11 Likes

Unless you’re Viacom, then you can jam the waves as much as you want with all kinds of shit, like 55 minutes of ads for every hour of music.

8 Likes

Fixed, thanks!

And I suppose to be even more correct, it’s slightly less loss than the inverse square law would yield, as cell antennas are normally highly directional. A tower normally has antennas servicing three separate cells, whose beams ideally span about 120 degrees each (instead of 360), and the antennas are designed to propagate the signal outward more than upward or downward. Still, the difference is minimal, and once you’re more than just a few meters from the tower antenna your exposure levels are under the guidelines for safe human exposure.

The police are accepting citizen complaints from within a quarter mile of the transmitter, but I’d be surprised if it was that powerful. I’d be more inclined to believe it was a problem a lot closer to the jammer, say under 100 meters (less than 0.1 miles.) That would fit with a transmitted power of 1-10 watts.

(Yep, the Banggood listing says it transmits 3-4 watts, and has an effective range of about 5-20 meters. Jeebus, that’s a super stupid thing to buy and turn on!) And it shows the police are stretching to find people to complain about this guy. No ordinary cell phone 0.25 miles away would notice any ill effects from it.)

3 Likes

9 Likes

I would deploy those old routers with SSIDs with the political messages of your choice, and intentionally leave the uplink port disconnected.

Bonus points would be to connect uplink to a firewall, and block outbound ports 22, 80, 443, and other suitable candidates. So that if they are making any troubleshooting attempts, they are for naught. (Ping works, but nothing useful will happen.)

9 Likes

These are not hooked to any computer or network once they’ve been set up.

I keep thinking about leaving them open than set up a walled garden (Is that still the right term? It’s been a while) that sends them to some fun liberal website.

9 Likes

If you’re going to do that, why not deploy WiFi Pineapples? Configure them to perform MITM attacks on whatever traffic they request. Hijack their DNS and give them a fake Google page. When they search for Ivermectin, change the search to find Cominaty. When they connect to Facebook or Twitter, redirect them to the CDC COVID information pages. When they search for dRumpf, send them to a fact checking site. And if they search for My Pillow, just let the search go through, because they deserve to lose money to that grifter.

12 Likes

My neighbors (who knows which ones) definitely have sense of humor in this regard. Every time I open the list of wi-fi networks, I see funny new ones. Recent faves include:

FBI Van #6
I AM IN YOUR HOUSE
Ordinary Van
Definitely Not A Stingray

28 Likes

I was just going to forward them to Huff Post and giggle.

2 Likes

I believe that is called synergy.

3 Likes

Oh, FFS. These rand worshippers are so fucking tiresome, and now too often also dangerous AF.

4 Likes

I’m wondering which conspiracy idiocy this nanowit fears: teh radiations, teh hoax plague, teh gay, all three, and/or some new one/s.

ACCURATE

ooooOOOOOOOOOOooooo That’s an XLNT question.

Genius!

Brilliant tumblr

Same. :smiley:

PierogiLifestyle
Galactic Leyline
Cobb Manor (Ty Cobb lived around the block from us)
Downton Avery (Avery is one of the streets in my Victorian/Edwardian 'hood, and a rather palatial edifice N of us is called The Avery)
Wu Tang LAN

Well, that works, too :smiley:

10 Likes

Checks out.

14 Likes

Good price. Do they have one for subspace signals?

They give me a pain right in my third eye.

10 Likes