After raging about the debt ceiling deal, Boebert misses the vote

Originally published at: After raging about the debt ceiling deal, Boebert misses the vote | Boing Boing

5 Likes

So much for preferring to spar with opponents instead of taking supportive calls from her mouth-breathing suckers. Fascists are cowards at their rotten cores.

22 Likes

If she continues to miss votes, I, for one, won’t be mad.

26 Likes

If only she could pass along her “work” “ethic” to certain other members of Congress coughGreenecough

12 Likes

And Gatez and Gosar and double-first-named Oklahomans.

8 Likes

Damn straight she deliberately missed the vote. She knew it was already negotiated and didn’t want to be on the official record for either supporting or rejecting it. It’s how these Congressional weasels operate.

15 Likes

“The Swamp did its old song and dance and pretended to listen to the American people, but as soon as the backroom deal was made, it was predetermined that it would pass,” Boebert said. “I certainly wasn’t afraid to vote against the bill, as I have been advocating against it all week.”

Boebert telegraphed this earlier this week when she confessed that speaking with her constituents who agree with her is boring. If there is no fight in the offing, then she won’t engage with people at all. What kind of life is it to be constantly in a state of rage? Is this the Republican version of The American Dream?

Pathetic.

9 Likes

Hey now, weasels are cute!

Colorado GQP Congresscritters not so much.

15 Likes

Boebert would be much happier hosting a show on OANN, where she can rail against perceived slights all day long with no consequences and no responsibility. These MAGA types think being in Congress is only about performance.

11 Likes

she has little enough to do to earn that congressional salary. and proves it daily. bigoted rants on twitter do not fall under the job description – does she know this? legislating does, and at that she is a consistent failure. what a disgrace.

6 Likes

You Had Literally One Job

11 Likes

But she’s doing her one job: collecting moolah by stirring up the indignant and ignorant.

4 Likes

Lauren, you are “the swamp.”

7 Likes

I doubt she has the brain cells to come up with it, but I could see a “I refused to dignify that piece of (legislation) with my vote” kind of response to this. But no, just an “Oopsies, did I do that?” Of course, her supporters will not care. They don’t care how she votes, as long as she upsets the libs.

10 Likes

Wouldn’t fighting against mean vote no?

4 Likes

Photo verifying that she’s hard at work. Mind-numbingly tone-deaf.

5 Likes

Unfair to swamps.

She’s a Superfund site.

4 Likes
4 Likes

And, also, she thinks the vote had anything to do with adding to the debt, rather than paying bills come due.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.