Boebert now admits she skipped the debt ceiling vote out of spite

Originally published at: Boebert now admits she skipped the debt ceiling vote out of spite | Boing Boing

6 Likes
  1. That’s an excuse
  2. Voting on legislation is your job
27 Likes

Pee Wee’s “I meant to do that” was more convincing.

11 Likes

16 Likes

Hold the presses, there’s video of her trying to make the vote, but missing it because she had stuff to do.

So, her incompetence trumped her malice in this instance.

21 Likes

Try and keep your story straight, lady.
Especially when video exists of you running up the steps to Congress…

16 Likes

Headline is misleading.

1 Like

All of these creatures have handlers whose sole job is to make sure they stay on schedule. I call B.S. on the whole charade.

She knew exactly what she was doing and was too busy either making an appearance somewhere else or dialing for dollars across the street

6 Likes

I could totally believe she doesn’t have anyone keeping track of her schedule. Incompetence and malice are her whole schtick.

7 Likes

But Ms Boebert sought to refute that account in a video message on Saturday after Mr Biden signed the legislation – which she branded a “c**p sandwich”.

And all this time I’ve been thinking “crap sandwiches” were her restaurant’s pork sliders. :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

A more effective protest against bills she disagrees with would be to actually vote ‘no,’ but by all means, Freedom Caucus, protest all legislation by just sitting on the sidelines. PLEASE.

20 Likes

To the people of Colorado’s 3rd congressional district, how do you like your votes and your voices not counting because Lauren Boebert threw a hissy fit when she didn’t get her way?

In 2022 she won by less than 600 votes out of 327k cast, about a sixth of a percent. In 2024, please consider flipping that sixth of a percent away from her.

9 Likes

“Boebert now admits…”

Hey man, the Boebs never admits to anything, AFAICT.

Not her son’s abuse at the hands of his dad [her husband], not her own reprehensible actions in any number of contexts. Zero accountability as a point of pride.

Deny. Deflect. Divert.
That’s more her style.

10 Likes

So why was she running up the steps like she was headed for the final minutes of a BOGO ammo sale at Redneck Rifles?

4 Likes

Frisch is already receiving record campaign contributions ahead of next year’s election. BoBo is toast.

These remarkable fundraising numbers reflect what we’re hearing on the campaign trail – that voters from across the political spectrum are sick and tired of Boebert’s angertainment circus and are ready for a representative who will work across the aisle to find solutions to the problems facing their families, their businesses, and their communities,” he added.

9 Likes

“Out of the way, I’ve got to drop a s*** sandwich!”

6 Likes

Interesting claim. How does she explain the video?

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is how she explains the video – by making up some alternative to what it shows to get people to believe first.

7 Likes

I thought her restaurant closed?

3 Likes

Pork Chop Sandwiches GIF | Gfycat

4 Likes