Again with the ominous threats of violence from Trump

It’s being:

• Ignored
  • Sanewashed to be something like “Trump expresses his concern about mail-in balloting in Pennsylvania”
  • Gas lighting to say what he said isn’t actually what he said
  • Ignored as “more dumb shit from Trump, just another day ending in ‘y’”
  • The voices raising the alarm can’t rise above the other bullet points here
7 Likes

it’s maybe notable too that on that page at the bottom right is a piece which - by it’s headline - supports the ■■■■■-like idea that everything is broken and something :tm: must be done

4 Likes

Taking a look at the actual article, the examples of things being broken – climate change and the fallout from it, the massacres in Ukraine and Gaza, the “rioters” storming the US Capitol – are all things that are actually broken, and not ones Trump promises to help with.

I mean, it does refrain from anything about why this is happening or who is actually responsible. Still, of the four opinions there, that seems better than the little both-sides duet of Douthat (eww) and Brooks (ugh) or Miller’s look at political violence (half about Trump as a victim, only mentioned in passing as an instigator).

5 Likes

Readers of the Times – or at least the ones who actually matter to “Pinch” Sulzberger and Joe Kahn – see the preservation of the duopoly system (even in the form of a Putin-esque sham) as a critical mechanism in ensuring their continued and outsized cash flow in one form or another. That’s what the stakes are to them, which is why the paper that serves them is acting like the mainstream Weimar press.

For the outlet to strongly suggest that liberal democracy is in danger of succumbing to political violence by members of one party would upset their readers’ view of what really matters.

4 Likes

I have to believe that the feds are aware and preparing for whatever Meal Team 6 throws at them. The fact that they are not announcing their plans is absolutely not surprising. The fact is the only reason the Jan6 insurrectionists were not shot down en mass is because the administration was actively neutering the response. That will not happen this time. Will there be post-election (or pre-election) violence? Almost certainly yes. I do not think (with no facts to back me up, mind you) that this administration will be of a mind to let them rage. And yes, I do anticipate bloodshed.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Don’t shoot until you see the white of the egg in their beards!

/joking/not joking :sweat:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.