Again with the ominous threats of violence from Trump

Originally published at: Again with the ominous threats of violence from Trump - Boing Boing

13 Likes

“Our” last as in last one to include HIM!
He doesn’t have another 4 years in him.

19 Likes

apparently he also said this

He assured attendees that “If you think you have a nice house, have a migrant enjoy your house, because a migrant will take it over. A migrant will take it over. It will be Venezuela on steroids.” He reiterated his plan to get rid of migrants. “And you know,” he said, “getting them out will be a bloody story.”

via heather cox richardson

25 Likes

… how’s that supposed to work exactly

Will we sink beneath the waves like Atlantis :ocean:

20 Likes

“WHEN I WIN, those people that CHEATED will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the Law, which will include long term prison sentences so that this Depravity of Justice does not happen again,” the former president wrote, again trying to sow doubt about the integrity of November’s election, even though cheating is incredibly rare.

“Please beware,” the Republican nominee went on, “that this legal exposure extends to Lawyers, Political Operatives, Donors, Illegal Voters, & Corrupt Election Officials. Those involved in unscrupulous behavior will be sought out, caught, and prosecuted at levels, unfortunately, never seen before in our Country.”

19 Likes

Obligatory:

Movie Theater Film GIF by MUBI

16 Likes

Yet when he or his minions charged with actual crimes, it’s suddenly “political prosecution”?

24 Likes

Well sure (to spell out the obvious), because Republicans don’t commit crimes, and any convictions or even accusations are simply persecution by operatives of Duh Deeep State. Which itself is just more typical criming by the always corrupt Democrat crime-inals.

15 Likes

Most Americans despise him and everything he stands for,

This is true, but damn the majority isn’t nearly as big as it should be. Racism seriously rots the brains of a sizable minority of the population.

Meanwhile Tucker Carlson is talking about responding to immigration with “Nuremberg trials” for the people who “did that.” (He said that when he had that Hitler apologist on his show.) What it amounts to is that they’re full-on into prosecuting and executing anyone with different politics.

Yep. (cue Wilhoit) Republicans don’t commit crimes, they can only have crimes committed against them - which includes any prosecutions of them.

19 Likes

“Nice country ya got there. Shame if something happened to it.”

This is a felon and adjudicated rapist trying to escape the consequences for his criminal behaviour by trying to be a gangster. We can’t let him succeed. Vote.

23 Likes

12 Likes

Well, he makes the decision easy. /S

The outcome will be violence upon people not in his cult no matter the outcome. I don’t think I got Stockholm syndrome.
Fuck this guy with a cactus. He belongs in jail.

14 Likes

“The RNC must activate, now!” Umm, isn’t he currently in control of the RNC? Except he’s just using it to collect money for his legal bills.

11 Likes

An end to democracy? Just like what he himself promised those gullible christianists, that they’ll never have to vote again?!?!

biden su 2

11 Likes

My one comfort is that, this time, he is not making these threats from the Oval Office, so he at least doesn’t have direct access to resources of the office of the Presidency to try to start a coup, and the default option of refusing to leave is off the table. Also, the real possibility of jail time and/or getting shot might dissuade at least a few costumed MAGA warriors.

My discomfort is…all the other things associated with a moron preemptively calling for a coup and no strong statements from anyone (at least that I’ve heard) who matters about how such a situation should be/will be handled. Seems to be a lot of, “Well, gosh, that rapscallion is up to it again!”

9 Likes

Trump threatens violence and the end of democracy again. MSM:

11 Likes

Right? Fascist-enabling fuckwits. :rage:

20 Likes

People have indeed said they are afraid this will be our last election, because they believe HE might be elected! Please provide the context, Hair Furor donOLD.

4 Likes

but it’s critical we know that polling is at 47.49% Harris an 47.51% ■■■■■ (you just know NYT applied some rounding shenanigans) with a margin of error of … < zooms in on graph > … +/- 3%.

5 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/09/07/us/politics/trump-election-fraud-prosecute.html

it’s buried.

5 Likes