Agitated zebra runs from police on Tennessee highway

Originally published at: Agitated zebra runs from police on Tennessee highway | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Safari, I’m seeing a stripe of theming in animal stories today…

6 Likes

“Black-and-white pursued by black-and-whites.”

12 Likes

Maybe it was looking for a zebra crossing? :zebra: :vertical_traffic_light:

6 Likes

Looking at the size of the fingerprint on that horse, it must belong to King Kong.

2 Likes

They tazed a zebra?! - what the f**k - oh, it’s half black in Tennessee. I guess it’s lucky they didn’t just outright shoot it.

7 Likes

You know if Tennessee had more tigers they wouldn’t have these problems. You don’t see zebras running around Houston, now do you?

More seriously, no one should be keeping wild animals as pets. This is so wrong

5 Likes

It’s only a matter of time before these two events line up and you have Wild Kingdom on someone’s front lawn in suburbia.

2 Likes

Agitated Zebra.

Two-tone and ska covers.

13 Likes

What with this and the tiger story, I’m beginning to wonder if the USA is turning into a Briarpatch tribute.

Briarpatch (Wednesday, Alibi, 9pm/10pm)
“San Bonifacio — It stays with you!” The town at the heart of this idiosyncratic ten-part thriller, based on the 1984 novel by Ross Thomas, has the best welcome sign since Royston Vasey. There’s been a breakout at the zoo and crocodiles, kangaroos and giraffes are hanging out in the parks and boulevards of this seedy Texas town; more worryingly, the tiger is still on the loose. It’s an ominous wild backdrop to the main story: glamorous big-city investigator Allegra Dill (the excellent Rosario Dawson) returning to her hometown to find out who killed her sister, a homicide detective. With its BBQ signs and dissolute bars, this is expertly drawn border town noir, the frequent aura of decay and corruption —

2 Likes

WE DID IT!
The Army of the 12 Monkeys

4 Likes

Ok, I remember watching this on the black and white TV when I was a kid:

Yeah I’m old.

2 Likes

Yesterday it was a tiger on the loose, what’s next??

1 Like

maybe someone was planning to eat it :thinking:

1 Like

I loved the way the caller was kind of taken aback with how the 9-1-1 operator was so chill about her report. The most exotic type of animal escapes in Boston are usually pythons of various sorts but there was this one time…

http://archive.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2003/09/29/franklin_park_gorilla_escapes_attacks_2/

1 Like

Yeah, that chat devolved into every conversation in the south. Honestly one of the reasons I enjoy living here; you just never know who you’ll be chatting with.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.