Ahmaud Arbery's killers arrested and charged with murder

I don’t know how I ended up actually watching it; I usually avoid them all like the plague, because I know they will only piss me off and make me sad at the same time…

5 Likes

I saw it on Instagram before it even became news. Shit moves pretty fast over there.

3 Likes

Doing an investigation turned up probable cause…

You mean law enforcment should do the job of enforcing laws based on actual crimes committed and when they do, it gives us actual results?

tenor

7 Likes

That was probably it; damn IG.

4 Likes

Unfortunately Georgia is one of the few states that still doesn’t have hate crime legislation, so even if they’re convicted they will likely get off with lighter sentences than they might elsewhere.

6 Likes

Don’t. It haunts me.

Arbery was clearly out for a run, in a white t-shirt, running shorts, running shoes. That’s it. Nowhere to hide a weapon or anything else. He was jogging down the road in a residential neighborhood, and the two murder bubbas had the road mostly blocked off with their truck. One was standing at the open driver’s door with a shotgun, and the other was in the pickup bed with a handgun. Arbery veered from the left side of the road to the right side in order to avoid murder bubba #1 at the driver’s door and proceeded past the truck. As he did so, murder bubba #1 went around the front of the truck. We lose sight of both Arbery and murder bubba #1 at that point (also the guy filming didn’t keep the camera on the action the whole time) but right when Arbery passed the front of the truck there was a gunshot. Next time we see Arbery and murder bubba #1, they are struggling over the shotgun while murder bubba #2 looks for a clear shot with his handgun from the pickup bed. There is a shot from off camera that appears to include a good deal of blood spray into the frame, then Arbery and murder bubba #1 struggle over the gun again, then another shot from the shotgun that hits Arbery at point blank range. He gets clear from the struggle just long enough to stumble away down the road a few steps and drop to the ground.

6 Likes

Meanwhile, also in Georgia…

Nobody injured, in his own house, arrested immediately.

14 Likes

“StAnd yOur grOuNd”

2 Likes

Trayvon Martin’s murder was the last time I could watch one of these. It still haunts me.

Thanks for the summary. I try not to make assumptions, but this is a deep groove and these murders are 100% predictable.

5 Likes

Insert “Family Guy color chart” meme here.

6 Likes

The crime: Committing a murder on camera. (“Dang it, I told you boys!”)

The sentence: A few weeks of unpleasantness before DFT pardons them and appears at a rally with them.

2 Likes

Latest update i saw on this today

“This video is consistent with the evidence already known to us. Ahmaud Arbery was out for a jog. He stopped by a property under construction where he engaged in no illegal activity and remained for only a brief period. Ahmaud did not take anything from the construction site. He did not cause any damage to the property. He remained for a brief period of time and was not instructed by anyone to leave but rather left on his own accord to continue his jog. Ahmaud’s actions at this empty home under construction were in no way a felony under Georgia law”

9 Likes
9 Likes

Of course he is (which is his entire point) lacking in something that turns him from “tv exercise enthusiast” into “suspiciously existing – must have stolen goods hidden in his non-existent pockets”.

I wonder what that thing could be.

13 Likes

Well, I was wrong about the person with a conscience.
It was leaked by a friend who thought the video would clear his murdering, racist friends. With friends like these…
Apparently, the (state) bar is very low in Georgia.

7 Likes

MAGA machine already out in full force claiming that Arbery was somehow responsible for his own death. God I hate living in a timeline where people like Tomi Lahren have a national platform.

9 Likes

This one was extra special:

https://twitter.com/turdeyroosevelt/status/1259836549820276742?s=21

9 Likes

Wow. So looking at a building under construction is a shooting offense? Good to know…

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.