AI paint color names improving, sort of

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/07/10/ai-paint-names.html

4 Likes

I’d go with parp green, the whole house in parp green.

5 Likes

Dry Custard seems pretty spot on, and most of the other are darn good too. Great Job!

3 Likes

As the owner of two large dogs and a lawn tractor, I can confirm that Mown Poupe is in fact a blend of brown and green. I’d like to know how they achieved such a uniform color in their sample though.

3 Likes

This is sadly not yet in the first few pages of Google results for “parp”.

4 Likes

Don’t let Sherwin Williams find out about this, they’ll just put another creative person out of work.

2 Likes

Some of these actually make sense as color names, even if they don’t match the sample - “clay cow” is obviously a tan color, averaged between the two things, “rose colon” is obviously a similarly average red color. “Dry custard” is pretty straightforward (obviously the color of a custard powder before adding liquid) as is “blue child” (the color of an oxygen-deprived child). “Shy bather” is evocative, even if I’m not sure what color it evokes. “Barking white” seems like it should be a color, given all the minute variations of white with weird names, it fits right in. “Farty red” disturbs me deeply - it sounds like someone needs to see a doctor about that, immediately.

6 Likes

“Farty Red”?

Color-rectal issue?

:wink:

6 Likes

Is this AI also employed to name nail colors?

“My name is like Stoned Blue.”
“But you’re a shade of green.”
“Am I? Whooooaaa!”

4 Likes

That bull cream looks like it’s gone off.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.