AI Sir David Attenborough: Cybertruck's lamprey-like dependency on flatbed trailers

Originally published at: Cybertruck's lamprey-like dependency on flatbed trailers - Boing Boing

11 Likes

Cute, but AI voices of the dead need to be killed with fire

12 Likes

high quality GIF

I Mean Come On GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

11 Likes

I agree with the sentiment but for the record Sir David is still alive.

31 Likes

17 Likes

He’s still alive at 98. This scared me for a second, thinking I missed that he died. I did not

eta: I owe Brainspore a coke

22 Likes

It’s a shame there are no comedians capable of doing a decent Attenborough impression. :frowning:

12 Likes

See Jon Ossoff GIF by Election 2020

10 Likes

Weird, I woke up in a panic this morning because I thought John Waters had died… He’s very much alive, thank god… but for a second, I was quite sure about his death.

11 Likes

Harry Potter Lol GIF by Sky

4 Likes

What?

Well, there’s this unknown guy to start with.

Rory Bremner and Jon Culshaw can both do him well, but you usually only see their ‘exaggerated’ impressions, done deliberately for a laugh. (Which also suggests a net cast wider than just ‘comedians’ would be fruitful.)

5 Likes

I think the concept is funny, not sure if this falls under fair use but yeaaah not thrilled over hijacking someone’s voice. Also there is some kind of irony about making a joke about the cybertruck but only uploading it to xitter

8 Likes

Yeah, there’s no need to hijack the guy’s voice especially because Sir Attenbourough has done his fair share of comedic narrations and self-parodies already:

But when people do do these parodies I’d much prefer a voice actor to AI.

13 Likes

AI is an insult to life

4 Likes

AI looks identical to Al in this font. Trouble for AI Al Yankovic ahead…

8 Likes

Yeah ditto. Spoofs are fun, and there are tons of talented voice people who do impersonations.

But I guess there are way more people who have ideas for spoofs and not money to pay people. :confused: I already tire from this AI BS.

3 Likes

…said the Dalek…

:wink:

5 Likes

“THERE IS NOTHING ARTIFICIAL ABOUT THE DALEK HATRED FOR AAAAAAAAAAAAAALL LIVING THINGS!!!”

5 Likes

16 Likes

When it comes to well-done spoofs of famous narrators specifically, Ze Frank’s tribute to Morgan Freeman comes to mind…

9 Likes