Air passenger reportedly refused to stop breastfeeding their cat

In 2007, I had a very good cat named Jasmine, who flew with me to Bucharest. Granted, this was on an international flight with the Polish airline LOT.
The plane was only 1/3 full, and the flight attendants were curious, so they allowed me to take her out of her carrier and she slept on my lap the rest of the flight with no issues. Everyone gave her scritches as they passed by.

I don’t know if I’ll have a cat this well behaved again.

20 Likes

They’re considered carry on luggage. Though service animals can obviously lay on your feet & under the seat in front of you. I imagine it can get interesting if someone has an allergy and is near the pet.

8 Likes

Of course. I don’t think I would have had the privilege if the flight had been full. The attendants were telling people they could sit wherever they wanted, as long as nobody had issues with it.

9 Likes

That’s seeming more and more likely… it appears the only “evidence” this happened is the picture of the text on the video screen. (Which, even if it is what it’s purported to be, still doesn’t prove this actually happened.)

1 Like

If this is a TikTok scene meant to drive interest…

Angry Aubrey Plaza GIF by Parks and Recreation

6 Likes

I was once on a flight back from Europe with a connection at JFK. The flight was late arriving so everyone on the flight that had connecting flight missed them so we all had to wait in line to make arrangements to get a flight out the next day.

The woman in front of me had a pet carrier and every time the service agent explained to her that there were no more flights to DC today so she’ll have to fly out tomorrow she held up her bag and said “But I have a cat!”. This went on for quite a while.

6 Likes

I’m sympathetic because there are resources for people who are delayed - bathrooms, food, sometimes even hotel rooms - that someone taking a flight with their cat won’t necessarily have sufficient quantities of the cat equivalent of with them as a carryon, such as a full litter box, such as needed for an overnight stay, and the hotels that accept vouchers might not accept cats. So I feel bad for the person with the cat, because cat.

6 Likes

Well clearly this owner has not weaned her cat yet.

Happiness is a warm 38. Yes it is.

My first thought was data terminal training - “this is how you make note of an event on a passenger’s record, now try it yourself with this fake/offline data.”

4 Likes

All I can say is

OWWWW!!! OUCH! OUCH! NOOOOOO!!!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.