Airport full-body scanners no longer optional, if the TSA screener doesn't like you

That’s illogical. The machines are less accurate than a pat-down. If I get sent back through the machine I’m suing the TSA. I’ve been selected dozens of times - although strangely not in the last two years - but I’m done with invasive tests that don’t find anything actually hidden.

They don’t have the right to take prints, either. What the F.

It’s part of the automation machine where you scan your passport and boarding pass like a self check out. It’s really weird. You dont talk to people until the very last gate. It might be a Toronto Pearson thing?

Ahh, yeah, that would explain it. Pretending Canada is a third-world
wasteland is Bush’s legacy.

You’re free to choose…except when we choose for you

1 Like

You’re free to choose. (Sometimes you get one option.)

1 Like

Not a YYZ Pearson thing…it’s a US CBP thing. The automated kiosks replace the old blue paper immigration forms and uses fingerprint biometrics. It’s a standard feature of the Global Entry program and it’s great cause you never have to talk to an agent unless you’re flagged for secondary inspection some reason. Saves a huge amount of time waiting in queue.

I have a NEXUS card for going into Canada and the CBSA kiosks use retina scan for identification instead. I can be in & out of customs in seconds. Makes flying into Pearson an absolute joy compared to the old setup.

1 Like

The only good thing was I had dried beef dog treats with me so they flagged me (because I declared them) and they put me in front of the security line. So I got through customs 40 minutes before my friends. Lesson learned: always fly with dried beef “pizzles” :wink:

You’ll have to pry these breasts from my cold, gropey hands.

4 Likes

No they go through the scanner and get a pat down.

1 Like

Good luck with that, because if you don’t go through the machine you don’t fly period :joy:. Also that’s what you get you damn terrorist!

So they have no way of knowing if you’re wearing fake fingerprints? Seems to me the GOES program is the easiest way to defeat the “security”. Steal a passport and a GOES card and all the info you need is right there. Kind of like the banks and their completely dysfunctional chip & pin implementation. (Probably not coincidence, incompetence is rampant in both sectors!)

1 Like

Exercise your freedom of choice from among the following option

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.