Ajit Pai: California net neutrality law is "illegal"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/17/pai-hates-you.html

5 Likes

Ajit Pai: California net neutrality law is “illegal”

California: See you in court, telco shill, if you dare. Until then, get bent.

24 Likes

tumblr_inline_pf45b3L4Hd1r5twus_540

24 Likes

You joke, but…

9 Likes

Problem is that Gov. Brown needs to sign before Oct 1, and he hasn’t yet. I could see him ignoring this bill and letting it die.

@endjinn
What else can you see? Asking for a friend.

10 Likes

republicans probably do think that anything that interferes with their rape of the public pocketbook is or should be illegal. Yet another reason to get them out of office anytime anywhere.

8 Likes

States’ rights trumps the supremacy clause, when my team wants it so. Also, vice versa.

13 Likes

Did you mean “Trump’s white-supremacy clause?”

5 Likes

Nothing - just a California person who gets updates from my various petition-makers. Letting it wither on the vine would be something I could see him doing, though. He’s not quite as progressive as people think he is.

2 Likes

On a scale of one to lying to congress about DNS attacks, how illegal is California’s proposed laws Ajit?

11 Likes

What ever happened to States’ Rights?

Ohhh… that’s only OK for things like institutionalized racism and abortion laws.

9 Likes

Exactly. The regressives make very careful distinctions between the “Libs’ so-called rights” and “the rights WE want but the Libs have taken away or threaten”.

1 Like

Secession!

I sure we can depend on the support of all those states who trumpet it proudly that the civil war was a fight against federal overreach/against federal tyranny!

Down with big government!

Don’t tread on me!

It’s about the heritage of a free internet, not racism…
(I’m sure there are some talking points that I’ve missed, but by now, my fingers are so covered in hypocritical slime from typing the above that I’m just going to stop here.)

3 Likes

Problem is that Gov. Brown needs to sign before Oct 1, and he hasn’t yet. I could see him ignoring this bill and letting it die.

Well, except the CA constitution says if he doesn’t sign or veto it, it defaults to becoming law. He really only has the option of actively vetoing something he wants to die.

5 Likes

Thank you for filling a hole in my education. If this is the case, he may just let it sit and have plausible deniability once it becomes law.

4 Likes

From the party of “States Rights”, SCREW THAT STATES RIGHTS BULLSHIT!

2 Likes

Look, buddy, we worked hard did nothing positive to earn that white male privilege!

1 Like

You’re illegal Ajit Pai! You’re illegal! Dumbass!

1 Like

Yup, exactly.

1 Like