California's Net Neutrality bill is now law

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/30/truck-you-fump.html

9 Likes

What happens when things get even better for the people living at the edges of the country, and much worse for those living in the middle?

I think that while secession would not be smart, perhaps a new form of federation or commonwealth might happen.
Because those turkeys who keep voting for christmas will definitely try to draw the turkeys who escape back into the…turkey house.

10 Likes

Steinbeck wrote a whole book on that one.

19 Likes

We’re willing to consider Californian membership.

7 Likes

Ajit Pai “illegal”

“States rights! But not those rights, or those ones. Or those.”

28 Likes

Before the bill had passed the state legislature and been sign by the Governor, there were lobbyist who were claiming that the Law was illegal under federal regulations. So now we see the internet providers fighting the Law in both State and Federal Court.

2 Likes

They certainly didn’t waste any time -
https://thehill.com/policy/technology/409180-doj-to-sue-california-over-net-neutrality-law-reports

8 Likes

Remember when the argument was that the FCC did not have the authority to enact net neutrality laws? Now they claim the authority to ban net neutrality laws.

11 Likes

You’re Welcome USA! From The Rebel State of California.

7 Likes

Been a while since we had a good field preemption case.

1 Like

Yep. States’ rights that keep down the women and PoCs are peachy keen with the GOP; ones that limit the power of corporations in any way are evil.

5 Likes

California, I want to be there.

2 Likes

Time to start investing in the California National Guard

Not only did the administration almost instantly sue the state of California over their law, but they did so in the name of “protecting consumers”.

Because I’m sure that consumers are really the major beneficiaries of a non-neutral Internet.

3 Likes

Lawyers, start your briefs!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.