Alabama cops blame Satan in area homicides

You must take the sacrament as best suits you. For my family tonight, as suits us when the weather is most foul, we partook in the form of creamy Mac & cheese.

Ramen.

6 Likes

Alabama cops blame Satan in area homicides

4 Likes

There’s an old giggle here in North Alabama that this town’s founders intended the name to be “Opportunity”, but no one in the area could spell well enough to manage that long a word. Hence, Opp.
(For the record, history does not support this.)

3 Likes

Whoops! I accidentally embraced Satan again.

Sounds like a poorly thought out statement. Of the three, it’s probably best to be one of the wolves.

1 Like

Of course they didn’t. Satin is totally like fake/cheap silk! And I mean, who would be so gauche as to worship a fake?

I was reminded of the "SHEEP … WOLVES … SHEEP DOGS; WHICH GROUP DO YOU BELONG TO?" line a few hours after reading this article when iTunes shuffle randomly gave me Saez’s “J’Accuse” (one of the angriest songs I know), which includes the line:

“L’homme ne descend pas du singe, il descend plutôt du mouton …”
(“Man doesn’t descend from monkeys; he descends from sheep …”)

Sometimes I think Saez has it right.

Similar in WV, except historically accurate. There is the Monongahela River, and there is the county that lies on said river, Monongalia County. Supposed to be named for the river, but could not spell it.

2 Likes

In other words, they don’t want to do their job.

2 Likes

So, you were in an extremely poor and deeply isolated part of the state, and you’re surprised that the theft of gasoline is a problem there? I’m quite sure that poor people are well aware that gas is illegal, but they might steal it anyway to do things like get around in a place that has no public transit. But yeah, they’re just a bunch of dumb ass hicks, AMIRITE?

“Forget it, Jake. It’s Satantown.”

6 Likes

Well, these cops aren’t gratuitously killing people. Maybe this focus on the Dark Lord’s presence is keeping them to busy to kill willy-nilly?

Where are they going to find a virtuous cop in Alabama?

1 Like

oh, they probably have done that too.

1 Like

Plot twist: Satan is the nickname for a twenty-year member of the force.

4 Likes

As I understand it, Satan is the good guy bringing knowledge and stuff. He also punishes evil doers. Does that make him a sheep dog? I am confused.

2 Likes

Probably!!!

1 Like

Well, when I went to their fb page, this is what their like count was at, at the time:

Coincidence?

Yes.

5 Likes

Or is it…?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.