Alex Jones' bankruptcy shenanigans fail to halt a lawsuit

Originally published at: Alex Jones' bankruptcy shenanigans fail to halt a lawsuit | Boing Boing

17 Likes

It’s too bad that a court doing the right thing is newsworthy.

43 Likes

It’d be extra-awesome if Jones’ bankruptcy-court shenanigans landed him a few extra fraud charges.

31 Likes

Have to confess, prior to reading (too much) about alex jones i hadn’t ‘got’ the connection between establishing a pathologically credulous audience for political conspiracy and using that same bunch of suckers to sell snake oil. The idiot who buys into Jewish space lasers will be the same idiot who accepts that there’s a vast conspiracy to hide that horse de-wormer can cure covid, and vice-versa. Oh the grifters we shall meet… -sigh-

11 Likes

Close but no cigar, grifter.

5 Likes
9 Likes

Actions, meet consequences.

8 Likes

jonesing

47 Likes

happy star wars GIF

9 Likes

Yeah, that’s where he makes all his money. I’ve read he was making $800k a week. My boss has bought (as in physically purchased) a fair amount of his snake oil over the years. It hasn’t made him any more red yet though.

16 Likes

It took them 45 days to move the lights around!?!

26 Likes

The classic essay on the subject

… In 2007, I signed on to the email lists of several influential magazines on the right, among them Townhall, which operates under the auspices of evangelical Stuart Epperson’s Salem Communications; Newsmax, the organ more responsible than any other for drumming up the hysteria that culminated in the impeachment of Bill Clinton; and Human Events, one of Ronald Reagan’s favorite publications. The exercise turned out to be far more revealing than I expected. Via the battery of promotional appeals that overran my email inbox, I mainlined a right-wing id that was invisible to readers who encounter conservative opinion at face value.

Subscriber lists to ideological organs are pure gold to the third-party interests who rent them as catchments for potential customers. Who better suits a marketing strategy than a group that voluntarily organizes itself according to their most passionately shared beliefs? That’s why, for instance, the other day I (and probably you) got an advertisement by way of liberal magazine The American Prospect seeking donations to Mercy Corps, a charity that helps starving children in the Third World. But back when I was getting emails every day from Newsmax and Townhall, the come-ons were a little bit different. …

https://thebaffler.com/salvos/the-long-con

10 Likes

Good read. And wow - they think Mitt Romney was a spectacular liar. It was a more innocent time.

5 Likes

REMEMBER: Whoever the other party nominates for president is Satan :imp:

7 Likes

I’m surprised they didn’t simply shoop his head onto a young Arnold Schwarzenegger.

7 Likes

Did he at least get a belt?

7 Likes

That’s how long they take to complete their orbits.

5 Likes

That’s some serious gut-suckage!

5 Likes

Actually it was $800k a day.

The attorney also showed the court an email from an Infowars business officer informing Jones that the company had earned $800,000 gross in selling its products in a single day, which would amount to nearly $300 million in a year.

8 Likes

Is this genuine?
I hope so. It’s hilarious…

7 Likes