Alex Jones paid himself $18 million before declaring bankruptcy, say Sandy Hook plaintiffs

Originally published at: Alex Jones paid himself $18 million before declaring bankruptcy, say Sandy Hook plaintiffs | Boing Boing

18 Likes

Ben Affleck Reaction GIF by Amazon Prime Video

47 Likes

In his case, that’s probably an insult too assholes.

30 Likes

35 Likes

I mean…

Art Wow GIF by NdubisiOkoye

27 Likes

Truth Agree GIF by Much

15 Likes

See also definition 3:

The protest t-shirt (I am familiar with this project; they are amazing humans who are doing hard work):

20 Likes

Take all this shit-stains money and throw him out on the street. According to Frank Niceley, being made homeless can be a real spur to achieving great things.

28 Likes

Alex Jones; yet another waste of space and oxygen whose obituary I very much look forward to reading.

47 Likes

Especially if it gains first place in Most Embarrassing Death 202X.

14 Likes

I mean, I am kind of shocked. Shocked that he was so damn obvious in his efforts to hide his money from the lawsuit. I was expecting a moderately clever asshole weasel maneuver, but no, it’s totally dumb. But to be fair, it is Alex Jones.

39 Likes

Please fix your link. Above the Law is not Fortune.

4 Likes

So, they just moved the money around so it couldn’t be taken. I am assuming this is illegal? Right? Right?

21 Likes

That cunning plan to hide the money will completely fool them.

2008w

14 Likes

“Presumptive Fraud”

48 Likes

Even if it makes the eventual consequences worse, as long as he can push that day into next week, he’ll keep doing stupid things.

16 Likes

It is even more hilarious when Jones pleads poverty and will not survive financially without your donations and purchases of his snake oil grade products.

5 Likes

Needs more @frauenfelder (post link seems to go to Fortune, not AbovetheLaw)

4 Likes

It is. And has been for a long time. This won’t work. You’ve got to be a whole lot sneakier at hiding money than this. Basically, you have to just continuously hide money from day 1 in case you ever get sued/have to declare bankruptcy/etc. Any transfers made after you know a judgment has come down against you is going to be presumptively fraudulent. He’s in deep shit.

27 Likes

I got myself in trouble back in the early 2010s and had to file Chapter 13. Doing stuff like this is literally the definition of a bad faith filling as explained to me by my lawyer as we walked through all my financial statements because the Court would be going through them with a fine-tooth comb to look for hiding assets and he explained to me that you can and will get your petition denied for bad faith.

I hope he gets his petition denied, is taken to the cleaners by the families and he dies poor, unloved, and on the streets living by the sufferance of others.

24 Likes