Alex Jones eyes $520,000 salary for himself in bankruptcy plan

Alex literally does not understand anything about the settlements against him or about what the word bankruptcy means, and he doesn’t understand that forensic accountants are coming for him, and that they will claw back every penny that he tries to hide.

4 Likes

I would argue that’s not the case. He’s not really that stupid… in reality, he is so used to getting a pass because of his privilege, that he is arrogant enough to think that he can dictate terms here…

14 Likes

FTFY. :wink:

5 Likes

The court can assign a competent general manager to manage the company to milk it for everything it’s worth over time, and require Jones to support it with PR statements or at least attach penalties for disparaging it to his followers. Penalties such as being held in contempt and going to jail. That’s how you make sure that he can’t dodge it or sabotage it.

10 Likes

I assume that I’m just too little people to understand why leading your company into chapter 11 wouldn’t be, in itself, all the evidence required that you are overpaid for your work?

8 Likes

Presumably the court would have to find that Alex Jones remains in effective control of the company, since it is now owned by his father.

4 Likes

The court aren’t idiots. He did that clearly to try to shield that wealth/income from these judgements. That in itself is illegal.

11 Likes

I heard someone make the point about those email prince in need of money scams that used to go around- and why would anyone fall for it. The point was made that most people don’t, but the people that are gullible enough to believe something so outlandish are exactly the marks they want. It self filters. I’m guessing the same is true of Jone’s audience. The people who wouldn’t fall for his insane conspiracy and snake oil don’t listen. The ones who do stuck around and swallow it all hook line and sinker.

8 Likes

How about paying him minimum wage instead?

11 Likes

FWIW: different asshole, same collection issues

8 Likes

“Some suspect that the bankruptcy filings of Alex Jones’ companies are merely a legal device to avoid payment…” “Some suspect”!!! “SOME SUSPECT”!!!
Actual question… Is there someone that keeps an eye on people that that say they will live on a measly $500k (so brave!) and give everything above that to their creditors to make sure they actual do that? Like, are they audited regularly and is there a penalty when they’re caught cheating? Because he will cheat.

7 Likes

There has to be. There has to be. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Can the courts compel specific speech?

I have no solid basis for this assumption but I’ve always gotten the impression that the courts give more to the rich than to the average person in situations like this. I feel like I’ve read about celebrities bringing evidence of what it costs for them to run their current households etc. and they’re almost never required to live on a mere upper-middle class income. To me it’s not unrelated to house arrest being technically the same sentence whether you live in a mansion or a one-bedroom apartment where the heating only works half the time.

1 Like

They can compel apologies to victims and their families.

This wouldn’t so much be “say this thing” it would be “don’t say bad things that undermine the court’s ruling or there will be penalties.” Specifically being held in contempt, which you’ll admit is an unchallenged power of the court, no?

People keep forgetting what a shit AJ has been theough this whole process. He lost the cases by default, he lied repeatedly, and he’s obviously been trying to hide his assets - essentially defrauding the court and the victims.

Whatever they might normally do, they are going to come down hard on AJ.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.