Alex Jones says he won't be paying off those verdicts

Forensic accountants can be very good at spotting the signs of that. Plus I doubt Alex Jones hires accountants any more competent than his attorneys.

24 Likes

Every public statement Jones has made since his ass was first dragged into court has only worsened his circumstances. A bankruptcy court is far less likely to be sympathetic to his plight when he’s basically announcing to all the world that the bankruptcy ploy is little more than a gambit to avoid paying any of the damages he owes.

25 Likes

They won’t. You can’t use bankruptcy to weasel out of paying judgments. The courts already noted his bad faith actions and stated desire to commit fraud against them.

19 Likes

Seize everything
EVERYTHING
Liquidate
Pay out the victims

15 Likes

Default judgments are usually considered acceptance of all elements of the Complaint as alleged. Since the default was not excusable and the result of bad faith actions on Jones’s part courts are going to take a dim view of such arguments.

I don’t think there is a lot of wiggle room for appealing Bankruptcy courts beyond claims that a decision was arbitrary or capricious. (I could be mistaken there)

6 Likes

Wonder if he’ll face charges for his courtroom antics or has that ship sailed?

5 Likes

Now, I am not normally in favor of the debtor’s prison, but exceptions can, and should be made.

13 Likes

So, he’d be ‘poisoning the water’ again.

9 Likes

He was up to 150,000 USD in court-ordered penalties two years ago. I haven’t found anything with dollar amounts for additional sanctions this year.

5 Likes
10 Likes

He and his lawyers had a chance to argue that, and chose not to. No judge worth their law license would allow a second chance to argue that in front of a court for which that question is irrelevant.

13 Likes

Recommendation: When reading this imagine its being spoken in Samuel Jackson’s voice.

7 Likes

What about personal responsibility?!!?!?

7 Likes

so, back to where he started? a bullhorn on the sidewalk on Guadalupe Ave. in Austin? driving up and down Congress Ave. in an old car, shouting into a megaphone. yeah, cuz that’s how i remember him back then.
fuck alex jones.

14 Likes

Raging for revenge, with Ate by his side come hot from hell, shall in these confines with a Judge’s voice cry ‘Forfeiture!’ and let slip the accountants of war - William Shakespeare, Julius Seizer

11 Likes

Who else did you think I was channeling?

*lolz

21 Likes

0cc43f2e-af61-40c5-a7b7-8ea016099073_text

10 Likes

um … no :rofl:

10 Likes

That’s only for anyone who isn’t a wealthy white man…

11 Likes
13 Likes