Alex Jones tries to use Vimeo to host his videos, but Vimeo dumps him

Alex Jones’ “male vitality” pills turned my frogs gay!

4 Likes

Ugh i can’t like that… i did a bit of sick in my mouth. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

I cannot believe that man is only 1 year older than I am; he looks like he’s in his late 50’s, at best…

@Mindysan33:

9 Likes

Think on how much older he’d look without his miracle supplements… :sunglasses:

1 Like
3 Likes

It is foolish to presume that once a precedent is set, that those same tactics will not be used against different sets of people when politics shift, as they tend to do.
I would never listen or read AJ, he is a conspiracy nut, at a minimum. But the idea of hounding people off the internet, or campaigning to get them fired from their jobs because of their politics, is worrying to me.
Youtube still hosts beheading videos from ISIS and Boko Haram. I just checked. Pretty hateful stuff.
You do not have to agree with a persons politics to worry about a system where someone gets to decide who gets to speak and who does not. Because eventually, someone you disagree with is going to end up in the position of deciding who gets to talk.
Of course, his rhetoric towards the Sandy Hook families is abhorrent, and hurtful. I just wish there was a way to deal with it that does not open the door to censorship.

It’s all this hate inside him. Hate is like a cancer on the soul.
He uses hate as a stimulant; it’s his drug. And it consumes him, inside and outside.

2 Likes

As if yandex isn’t already blocked by most American’s adblockers.

3 Likes

I vaguely remember when David Icke was a respectable high profile sports presenter and spokesperson for the Green Party of England and Wales before he started down the path of conspiracy theories, which started when he declared that he was the son of god on UK television.

Icke threw his good reputation away, Jones never had it to start with.

5 Likes

Your concern isn’t warranted in this case - Jones has already incited violence. That’s a crime in the US. If the courts won’t take him on, the very least that should happen to him is for his microphones to be taken away.

10 Likes

For a while there, I thought the dude was actually pretty cool. I mean come on, this is a damn fine spiel:

But it seems like at some point all that cortisone melted his brain…

2 Likes

Its not censorship if it violates TOS, after all Dailystormer (the Nazi White Nationalist site) got booted from every web hosting service it tried latching onto. As far as i’m concerned Alex Jones is no better.

And yes, there’s other terrible shit on multiple platforms but you gotta start somewhere.

7 Likes

It’s become pretty clear that he’s out to financially benefit from conspiracy theories, and that’s pretty much all.

7 Likes

Those videos violate the terms of service and will be removed if reported. Videos of that sort are very regularly removed. If you found one then it hasn’t been caught yet, it hasn’t been allowed.

7 Likes

We used to make a party out of beer, BBQ, and watching Alex Jones on the cable local access channels back in the 90s in Central Texas.
It is shocking and terrifying to me that people actually fervently believe this insanity.

3 Likes

That is a message i can fully support even though i’m not entirely convinced he even wrote it let alone believed it. Conspiracy theories seem to have gone from legitimate concerns (watergate for example) to complete batshit crazy with no logical, observable evidence whatsoever to back them up. If he did believe these words then how the fuck did he go from that to gay frogs…

If it can be shown that he has already broken the law, then the Sandy Hook families should sue the heck out of him.
I am probably not going to get much agreement here, but running a campaign to “silence” anyone is pretty scary to me.
It is a canary sort of thing. Once silencing people across multiple platforms and media types becomes a tactic that we accept, it will inevitably be misused. It is just basic human nature.
The idea that this sort of tactic to silence the far right would never be used on the left, or moderates, or you and I, is naive.

I really think you are focusing on the wrong issue. The world does not need AJ or the Stormfront types, or a lot of other categories of people. Historically, the price that you and I pay for free speech is that even reprehensible people get to speak as well. Preserving that right is more important than whatever discomfort we suffer from those people having the right to speak.
Using TOS to silence people is still silencing people. I appreciate that there are good reasons to take down some offensive video or other, but this seems more like a coordinated effort to actually prevent people from engaging in public speech.

7 Likes

I am not defending AJ’s views or positions. I oppose all of the ones I know about. So, I am not using a free speech argument to defend AJ, I am defending the idea of free expression itself.
Not wanting to use a flamethrower to get rid of the wasps in the attic is not an endorsement of wasps.