Alex Jones's deposition over his role in the harassment of Sandy Hook parents is a total shitshow

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/29/the-ammosexual-agenda.html

9 Likes

Ah, for the days when Alex Jones seemed like a mostly harmless kook who led Jon Ronson on wacky, paranoid adventures sneaking into Bohemian Grove.

44 Likes

Oh, goody, a topic that gives us a high-load opportunity to test out the new Ignore feature.

42 Likes

Or when he was featured in a Richard Linklater movie:

31 Likes

I liked that he was bundled into a van and then never heard from again.

27 Likes

As the lawsuit against Alex Jones. . . has led to a lawsuit,

That is the lawsuit.

. . .and that has led to discovery and depositions

Those are part of the lawsuit.

10 Likes

This is the best thing I’ve seen in perhaps two years.

4 Likes

There is?

6 Likes

I’ve just gotten into the transcript and I have to say that it’s a hoot. Jones is an idiot!

(Please. No comments like “of course” or “Where have you been?” I have heard of Alex Jones (I don’t live in a bubble), but I’ve never watched or heard anything from Infowwars since I’ve had better things to do. I stay away from conspiracy whats-its.)

23 Likes

Indeed.

14 Likes

The sad thing about Mr Jones is that he’s too stupid to realize how stupid he is.

22 Likes

Very nice, and thank you!

9 Likes

It’s not even that I think BB commenters are so bad, but I can’t take the chance that any of you’d ignore me first. clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick

24 Likes

" The law firm of Farrar & Ball are representing" “IS representing…”

7 Likes

Sorry, what?

19 Likes

Not at all. Jones has been cultivating his act for decades. He knows full well that his audience demands a constant ratcheting up of over-the-top crazy in order to keep their attention. This American Life just had an episode about him where they go back to his high school days and interview classmates who basically say he was as full of shit back then as he is now.

Multiple people describe incidents where he got the shit beat out of him for being a raging asshole. Of course Jones spins this the other way and says he’s the one who took on the whole football team by himself. It took Alex almost murdering a classmate for his father to step in and cover his ass and forcing his family to move away his senior year.

It’s worth a listen.

38 Likes

In the words of that eminent sage @Papasan, I’m ignoring you right now.

:wink:

40 Likes

So he’ll be ignoring us in a minute…? :roll_eyes:

27 Likes

Thank you faithful pedant, and my equal in snark.

:wink:

28 Likes

Cory, i wish you’d use links other than huffpost which redirect to some data scraper thing for the purposes of advertising that gets blocked on my end. Anyone know of a way around this or should i just read about it elsewhere?

7 Likes