Alfredo sauce spill closes highway

Originally published at: Alfredo sauce spill closes highway | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Was it caused by chickens crossing the road?

7 Likes

“I know it was you, Fredo. You spilled the sauce. You spilled the sauce!”

Fredo Corleone Godfather GIF

10 Likes

For those who prefer red sauce:

17 Likes

There’s a clogged artery metaphor in there somewhere (pretty near the surface, really…)

11 Likes

And there was also a tomato spill the other day in California. Something something Italian restaurant.

Back in '98, a truck carry rendered fat overturned on a major part of I75S in Cincinnati. It was closed for about 3 and a half days until P&G suggested using Dawn dish detergent – which did the job.

Maybe it might work there.

2 Likes

And for dessert:

5 Likes

That’s not authentic alfredo sauce. Real alfredo sauce is made with just butter and parmesan cheese.

And there’s hamburger all over the highway in Mystic, Connecticut…

2 Likes

Cue the fettuccine . . .

https://images.app.goo.gl/

Local police are having trouble finding enough garlic bread to sop it all up.

9 Likes

Bet that smelled good in the mid-day sun.

5 Likes

And from the Alfredo region of Italy?

Hmmm, actually from Rome.

2 Likes

Am I the only one annoyed by the exclamation point on the lower third in that local news report? News reports are not supposed to emote. Not that local news stations in the US aren’t already dumpster fires of celebrity gossip, scare pieces on poisoned juice boxes, and breathless coverage of high speed chases, but still. That exclamation point. It rankles.

1 Like

In my head it was a tanker truck full of alfredo sauce, glad the local reportage cleared that up!

3 Likes

I was gonna say, cue Mario Kart.

They were simply taking a stab at humor. Excepting rags and tabloids, very few newsworthy disastrous incidents can be slipped by with exclamation points.

“No! Don’t slow down to look! Keep going pasta!”

2 Likes

Dangit. Some Olive Garden is going to be short tonight.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.