All Cops Are Buttheads

5 Likes

Gotta admit, they went for true accuracy

Around 10 p.m. Tuesday, FBI agents helped Department of Defense officials with a training exercise “to simulate a situation their personnel might encounter in a deployed environment,” the FBI said in a statement.

But then

“Based on inaccurate information, they were mistakenly sent to the wrong room and detained an individual, not the intended role player,” the FBI said.

Yup, seems an accurate reflection of actual field operations.

Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

7 Likes
2 Likes

Given Farmington’s location in the Four Corners, odds are 60-40 that the victim was Native American or Latino/Hispanic.

2 Likes

At some point, Dotson opened the door of his home while armed with a handgun and at least one officer shot at least one round from their gun, striking and killing Dotson at the scene, according to state police citing body camera footage.
Armed with a handgun, Dotson’s wife exchanged gunfire with officers, but she was not injured, authorities said.
“Once again, officer(s) fired. Once she realized that the individuals outside the residence were officers, she put the gun down and complied with the officer’s commands,” state police said in their statement.

If, in the course of this, she had injured or killed an officer, would she be allowed to walk away after simply holding a press conference and saying:

“I am just heartbroken. … Mr. Dotson was not the subject of this call,” Farmington Police Chief Steve Hebbe said during a Thursday video statement posted on Facebook. “This ending is just unbelievably tragic. I’m extremely sorry that we’re in this position.”

Doubtful.

9 Likes

So, they’ve just admitted that they didn’t START by announcing themselves as police officers, as required by law.

9 Likes

But, sure, let’s not politicize this.

3 Likes

“All the gun laws we got in place didn’t prevent it, did it? Neither will any new ones. Because here’s the fact: The bad guy is going to get a gun no matter what law you put in place. These juveniles shouldn’t even possess a handgun but they did,” Woods added.

Soooo…you’re not doing your job effectively, are you? :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

I wonder if he’d make the same argument for heroin, or prostitution.

9 Likes

Or mifepristone…

10 Likes
9 Likes

Texas governor seeks to pardon man found guilty of murdering Black Lives Matter protester | PBS NewsHour

4 Likes

:man_police_officer:t4: vs :man_firefighter:t4:

6 Likes

died in the summer of 2021 from dehydration and malnutrition was left naked in solitary confinement for three weeks with no medical attention.

2 Likes

Honestly, I don’t know whether the angry or the crying emoji is the best option, given the reality that we’re only allowed to pick one.

7 Likes
3 Likes

Mad Tommy Wiseau GIF by The Room

7 Likes
2 Likes

Angry Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX

7 Likes

More:

2 Likes