5 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

Archive:

https://archive.is/Z7FrC

5 Likes
1 Like

Well, at least they’re back home where they belong, so that’s something.

Those poor kids. And imagine how frantic the parents must have been. Foster care can cause trauma, even for ‘only’ a few months.

6 Likes

French man arrested in London on terrorism charges for “having attended a protest”

5 Likes
8 Likes

Not Funny Whatever GIF by AutoTraderUK

Nope, not surprised at all. And that makes me very sad.

8 Likes

And people wonder why so many LGBTQ+ folks are anti-cop. They’re the ones who will oppress us if unjust laws are implemented, and will do so gleefully. No cops at pride!

8 Likes

A long article on how being convicted of a violent felony on the job isn’t enough to remove cops from law enforcement. They just join a new department. Maddening in every part

NOLA.com is now keeping its own records to track the bastards

6 Likes

Archive version: https://archive.ph/s7LHA

5 Likes

I had to reread the headline to be sure.
Good news out of Aurora that has nothing to do with a new Korean fried chicken or dumpling joint.
She’s the first CO cop to be convicted for standing by and doing nothing to stop abuse of force :clap: :clap:

8 Likes

Civil Asset Forfeiture, where the police can fund themselves via banditry.

Hard to say if the conservative tilt will make a difference. Thomas is definitely of the libertarian property rights religion and might react poorly to the idea of police just taking property. :man_shrugging:

eta: I wish he didn’t have such a commercial for the Koch-connected Institute for Justice.

5 Likes

Probably would need more examples of civil asset forfeiture against rich people like Thiel or Murdoch before even “moderates” like Roberts would go for it.

9 Likes

That reminds me of this effort, which did have some benefcial effects downstream.

6 Likes
1 Like

Follow-up

10 Likes