All Cops Are Buttheads

All cops are babies.

10 Likes

One of the most horrible things about this are the people dying of cancer who are scared of taking fentanyl or can’t get the stuff because of this sort of a thing.

Yes people dying because of prohibition is fucked up.

several fentanyl drug combinations, including SCRA-dope (fentanyl with synthetic cannabinoids), tranq-dope (fentanyl with xylazine), and benzo-dope (fentanyl with benzodiazepines).

https://www.cfsre.org/resources/presentations/benzo-dope-an-increasingly-prevalent-drug-combination-of-significant-toxicological-relevance

9 Likes
2 Likes
8 Likes
3 Likes

“At the time she was tasered, she was approaching police. It is fair to say at a slow pace. She had a walking frame. But she had a knife.”

She was in a walking frame. Yeah, I’d say she approached at a slow pace.

3 Likes

Why don’t they use teardrop tattoos like the other gangs?

6 Likes
2 Likes

The headline gets part of the problem correct, but then the article glides over the rest of it.

Here’s the calculation in everyone’s head that night: if I call 911, they’ll ask for identifying info, and the victim is a Black female. Based on the location, it’s likely the perpetrators were Black males, which any eyewitnesses would have seen. So, Chicago police will respond if you say the perp is Black (or Brown), but the victim is both Black and female, so which way will it go? Probably, they won’t show up. Forget probably…they won’t show up. I speak from experience.

But then, there’s also this:

ShotSpotter, the city’s gunshot detection system, picked up the rounds in the 8100 block of South Blackstone Avenue but officers were not dispatched to the block for another 20 minutes, after an alert from Preston’s Apple Watch.

It took another 13 minutes for an officer to arrive at the scene.

So the police WERE alerted to exactly where gunfire had occurred at the exact time, but it was only 20 minutes later, when the Chicago police officer’s Apple Watch sent the distress signal, that they even bothered to dispatch officers to the scene. And even then, it took them 13 more minutes to get there. Right now, during rush hour and without sirens and lights, there are two police stations within 9 minutes of the scene. And obviously there would have been car patrols out too.

So yeah, we don’t trust the CPD. In fact, the last two mayors have been elected specifically because they ran on a platform of reforming the police. I still don’t understand what happened with Lightfoot. I have to assume they blackmailed her as soon as she won the office. Will the same happen to Johnson? I don’t know, just like I don’t know why there hasn’t been more civil disobedience with lethal weapons. Chicago is a tinderbox.

8 Likes

Not even the NSW police could spin a 95 year old 45kg woman with dementia and a walking frame into a credible threat.

7 Likes

BBC News - 95-year-old woman Tasered by police in Australia dies

2 Likes
5 Likes

Child with hands up…shot by cop:

2 Likes

Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

Unless the body cam shows something very different, this should be a very quick trial. The fact that it has not yet been released says it does not. And the fact that the cop is Black says there will be no overwhelming support from the police union either.

10 Likes
1 Like

More “special” unit shenanigans, this time in Baltimore:

5 Likes
2 Likes

Ah, the focus on property crime never ends:

A KGW report in November found the prosecution rate for misdemeanor petty theft cases in Portland, which includes shoplifting was 46%.

I’d be asking if the rates for solving and prosecuting violent crimes were good enough to be spending money on this instead. If they insisted on comparing with other counties, I’d have the same question for them, too.

4 Likes

3 Likes

What do you want to bet they’ll try and pin the fault of it on the suspect, it’s definitely in their wheelhouse.

5 Likes